NEED HELP 2002 Envoy p1275 p1280

colefireangel

Original poster
Jan 11, 2021
Lincoln County
This is a very old thread. I would suggest that you start your own with your vehicle info, circumstances and what's been done so far.
If you could be so kind, I have been trying to navigate this site for 20 mins and for the life of me, can't figure out how to start a thread. I changed my fuel pump and b4 I did, the pedal worked fine. Now I turn the truck on and step on the gas and nothing happens. I have checked the TPS and the APP sensors. They all are working. But I seen in this post that it shouldn't get more than 4.87v and I get 5.05v.. is that maybe why the REP light is on and my gas pedal isn't working? Please help! I'm going crazy with this car!

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
If you could be so kind, I have been trying to navigate this site for 20 mins and for the life of me, can't figure out how to start a thread. I changed my fuel pump and b4 I did, the pedal worked fine. Now I turn the truck on and step on the gas and nothing happens. I have checked the TPS and the APP sensors. They all are working. But I seen in this post that it shouldn't get more than 4.87v and I get 5.05v.. is that maybe why the REP light is on and my gas pedal isn't working? Please help! I'm going crazy with this car!
We meet again! (Yes, it is the same TJBaker57)

Had an errand to run, just got back and am once again trying to read and catch up.

Have a look at the last post in THIS thread. You will see the ground point called SP201/G201.

Reactions: colefireangel

colefireangel

Original poster
Jan 11, 2021
Lincoln County
We meet again! (Yes, it is the same TJBaker57)

Had an errand to run, just got back and am once again trying to read and catch up.

Have a look at the last post in THIS thread. You will see the ground point called SP201/G201.

Lol. Hello again! Ok. I have found the piece your referring to. It looks fine. All the wires are in there good. No rust on that bolt.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Lol. Hello again! Ok. I have found the piece your referring to. It looks fine. All the wires are in there good. No rust on that bolt.

Not that I think there is a problem there....but... Since you have gone so far to get there I would say take the bolt out, clean all the area below it with a small wire brush or whatever, clean the bolt, clean the terminal, and reassemble.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
When you measured your voltages at the APP sensors, where was your negative ("com" or black ) DMM lead? Most say measure to ground but in this case I would like to see what the voltages are between the 5 volt reference and the low reference, not ground. They will most likely be nearly the same but "low reference" and ground are in this case NOT exactly the same.

Additionally I would test the voltage(s) between the low reference and the signal wire(s) at each of the sensors. I expect them to be different from each other at the APP sensors. Usually as the pedal is depressed one sensors signal voltage rises while the other sensor signal voltage falls.

And since you at least at one time had a code for a short to voltage at the fuel tank vapor pressure sensor I would do the same test at the fuel tank vapor pressure sensor. Test the voltage between the 5 volt reference source and the low reference and also the voltage between the low reference and the signal wire. Nothing here should be more than your nominal 5.05 volts.

Since all this APP sensor and similar sensors trouble began with a fuel pump replacement I am strongly favoring a wiring issue near the fuel tank.

colefireangel

Original poster
Jan 11, 2021
Lincoln County
Not that I think there is a problem there....but... Since you have gone so far to get there I would say take the bolt out, clean all the area below it with a small wire brush or whatever, clean the bolt, clean the terminal, and reassemble.
Ok. Will do. I just dropped the tank back down. An I'm trying to inspect the wires all about.
When you measured your voltages at the APP sensors, where was your negative ("com" or black ) DMM lead? Most say measure to ground but in this case I would like to see what the voltages are between the 5 volt reference and the low reference, not ground. They will most likely be nearly the same but "low reference" and ground are in this case NOT exactly the same.

Additionally I would test the voltage(s) between the low reference and the signal wire(s) at each of the sensors. I expect them to be different from each other at the APP sensors. Usually as the pedal is depressed one sensors signal voltage rises while the other sensor signal voltage falls.

And since you at least at one time had a code for a short to voltage at the fuel tank vapor pressure sensor I would do the same test at the fuel tank vapor pressure sensor. Test the voltage between the 5 volt reference source and the low reference and also the voltage between the low reference and the signal wire. Nothing here should be more than your nominal 5.05 volts.

Since all this APP sensor and similar sensors trouble began with a fuel pump replacement I am strongly favoring a wiring issue near the fuel tank.
Couple questions.. to be clear, I need to see what the voltage reading is when I touch the positive to the 5v ref wire and the negative to the low ref wire on each app sensor.. is that correct? And the DMM just needs to be in a dc voltage mode, right?

And then doing the same between the signal wires and their respective low ref wires.

Additionally, I just added some of this to the other thread, but I think my pump is different and my fuel tank pressure sensor may be in a different place.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online