SOLVED! 2002 Envoy A/C delete belt

Drec

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Yakima, Washington
I’m in the middle of a trip and it appears that the A/C pump is bad. The drive belt is broken. So I need to replace the belt to drive back home; which is about 120 miles.

Does anyone have a part number for I-6 A/C delete belt?

Drec

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Yakima, Washington
An interesting experience, I drove the car to a parts store and tried to purchase an A/C delete belt; which isn't listed in their computer. For the next hour, I tried different belts and came up with one the worked. It is a Gates K060710; which is a little longer than the K06095; which is mentioned on a couple of threads here: https://gmtnation.com/forums/search/175013/?q=k060695&o=date

If I would have been to find these on a search (on my phone) earlier today, it could have saved me some time.

Reactions: Matt

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
Sorry to hear of your bad experience as I am sure it is on peoples minds from time to time as our trucks get older. But thank you very much for sharing the part number. But most importantly it is good you got home ok

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
When my bearing went bad I did the belt swap. I still have the short belt hanging on a hook in my garage. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Reactions: djthumper

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Most people will fix the A/C rather than delete it and I can't remember someone else asking about it. Someone had to be the first one to find it. I'll add this thread to the FAQ as I'm sure it will come up again.

Drec

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Yakima, Washington
I’m not going to delete the A/C. I just needed to fix this on the fly. We moved or should I say are still moving. I have about a fifty year collection of cars/parts. So yesterday we drove to the Seattle area with a car trailer in tow, when the pump went bad. We were 120 miles away from home, with very few tools. I have a new pump on order; which should be here early next week. This will be a good time to swap out the clutch fan too.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online