2002-2004 Envoy Door Retainers/Brackets

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I posted this on another forum, but I figured I'd try to post these on as many sites as I can.

The door mounts on my 2003 Envoy broke, so I removed and glued them back together again. I made a mold of the original brackets out of RTV Urethane, then poured a 2-part plastic liquid into the molds and made these.
They are very durable and should last for years. The 2-part plastic I used is the RP-40 kit from Dascar Plastics.

To get these from GM, you have to purchase a whole new door panel. They're not sold individually. They're located under the window switches on each of the front doors.

I'm offering a set of these for $15.75 shipped to the lower 48 states. PM me for my paypal info. They're to be sold as a set only. You'll get two pieces, one for each front door. Shipping will be through the post office with delivery confirmation.

I'm not 100% sure if they'll fit the 2005+ Envoy. Please do your own research to find out.

Attachments

• Envoy Door Retainers 001-1.jpg
    Envoy Door Retainers 001-1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 44
  • WP_000281.jpg
    WP_000281.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 150
  • WP_000283.jpg
    WP_000283.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: mrrsm

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:thumbsup: Nice work on those, I remember seeing a couple of posts in the past where members had those break on them and needed to replace them. I'll definitely remember you if/when mine break on me. :yes:

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:thumbsup: Nice work on those, I remember seeing a couple of posts in the past where members had those break on them and needed to replace them. I'll definitely remember you if/when mine break on me. :yes:

If you don't mind, can you please let me know if you have the same brackets on your '05?
I know they fit the 02-04, but not sure of the other years.

Thank You :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I checked GMPartsEast, and they do list different part numbers for the door panel themselves between some of the different model years, not sure if that was just due to the color schemes or if the mounting hardware is really different. I'll pull my panels tomorrow and snap a couple pics for reference.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Blckshdw said:
I checked GMPartsEast, and they do list different part numbers for the door panel themselves between some of the different model years, not sure if that was just due to the color schemes or if the mounting hardware is really different. I'll pull my panels tomorrow and snap a couple pics for reference.

No need to pull the panels. Just pry up the window switch panels on both front doors and take a look. These brackets are located under each of them, directly in front of the handle(s).
Take a look at my attachment photo.

Thank you!

Attachments

• WP_000284-1.jpg
    WP_000284-1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: mrrsm

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I looked last night, it was a little too dark to get pics, but mine appeared to be a 1 piece design. Or at least that screw that mounts the bracket to the panel is out of sight, that's why I want to pull the panel and check it.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Do you have the other side available as well, the portion that you access through the hole on the arm rest?

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Regulator said:
Do you have the other side available as well, the portion that you access through the hole on the arm rest?

Yes, each purchase contains 1 bracket the driver's side and 1 for the passenger side.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
hockeyman said:
Yes, each purchase contains 1 bracket the driver's side and 1 for the passenger side.

Sorry, I meant the other side of the door bracket. Both of mine are broken on both door panels.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Regulator said:
Sorry, I meant the other side of the door bracket. Both of mine are broken on both door panels.

You'll have to send me a pic of what you're referring to. My apologies, but I honestly do not completely understand your issue.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
hockeyman said:
You'll have to send me a pic of what you're referring to. My apologies, but I honestly do not completely understand your issue.

I will try and get out and take a picture this evening. There are two bolts on the door panel. One is accessed under the switch panel and that is the one you are reproducing. The other is accessed through a hole in the pull handle on the door. I was just wondering if that bracket could be replaced as well.

Either way I will be picking up a pair of the ones you already have. Any strength there is better then none.

The 55 second mark of this video shows what I am talking about.

[video=youtube_share;obn2OCSOR38]http://youtu.be/obn2OCSOR38[/video]

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Regulator said:
I will try and get out and take a picture this evening. There are two bolts on the door panel. One is accessed under the switch panel and that is the one you are reproducing. The other is accessed through a hole in the pull handle on the door. I was just wondering if that bracket could be replaced as well.

Either way I will be picking up a pair of the ones you already have. Any strength there is better then none.

The 55 second mark of this video shows what I am talking about.

Ahh, I see now. I forgot about those.

I actually didn't make those brackets. If I can separate them from the door panel(s), I'll create a mold from both sides. I believe that they're attached to the actual door panel itself, and not separate. Not 100% sure though...

Once the weather starts to warm up (maybe sometime in April), I'll pull a door panel to get a better look.

Tmh63

Nov 6, 2015
Holt, MI
I posted this on another forum, but I figured I'd try to post these on as many sites as I can.

The door mounts on my 2003 Envoy broke, so I removed and glued them back together again. I made a mold of the original brackets out of RTV Urethane, then poured a 2-part plastic liquid into the molds and made these.
They are very durable and should last for years. The 2-part plastic I used is the RP-40 kit from Dascar Plastics.

To get these from GM, you have to purchase a whole new door panel. They're not sold individually. They're located under the window switches on each of the front doors.

I'm offering a set of these for $15.75 shipped to the lower 48 states. PM me for my paypal info. They're to be sold as a set only. You'll get two pieces, one for each front door. Shipping will be through the post office with delivery confirmation.

I'm not 100% sure if they'll fit the 2005+ Envoy. Please do your own research to find out.

Are you still selling these? Have 2002 Envoy with broken brackets......

Last edited by a moderator:

Mateo323

Apr 19, 2016
GA Georgia
Hello Hockey man!
I would also like these parts, (if your still making them!) Contact me at gmail with any information I need. (same username at gmail)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm tagging @hockeyman in case he doesn't notice these new posts.

Reactions: hockeyman

Paul T

Jun 23, 2016
USA

Hey, I need a pair of these brackets. I have been searching these out from GM and they do not make them anymore. Please contact me at pault962@gmail.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

biigjoe21

Jul 10, 2016
texas

I'd like to get a set of these- maybe 2 sets. Hope to hear from you soon!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Better to PM him.

Swaney

Aug 12, 2020
Virginia

Hello, it’s August of 2020 and my drivers door panel nearly fell off. We took it off, both drivers brackets broke, due to mechanic replacing door seals. They were thicker than original so repeated slamming of door, they are broken. I have a 2004 GMC Envoy, XUV, SLT. Would they fit my year? Would you by chance have any more of these? Need kinda in a hurry, car inspection due in Sept.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I think I still have a few left over. I'll look once I get home later. Been a while since I sold them and I destroyed the molds last year due to lack of interest.
I'll reply here later tonight with my findings...

springhunt

May 4, 2023
NY
Hello Hockeyman, would you have a set of those brackets you made for the Envoy door trim? If not, do you know if anyone makes them in steel, or something stronger than the aftermarket molded plastic ones that I have already tried ( broken within a few months). Thanks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He may not respond. Hasn't logged on since Sept. last year.

Were these the ones you tried?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86