NEED HELP 2000 gmc sierra key fob program

Andersson W

Original poster
May 13, 2018
Puyallup wa
I have a 2000 GMC Sierra that came with a factory key fob and I bought two new ones off of eBay that have the same numbers as the one I have already everything should be compatible but I cannot get my truck to go into programming mode. when I try to put the truck into programming mode by holding the unlock button and inserting the key in the ignition and turning it on off on off all it does when I release the unlock button is the locks try to unlock twice instead of cycling like they're supposed to. Anybody else had this issue any tips? I've been playing with it for weeks now and cannot figure it out and I've searched every form I could find I don't usually Post in sites like this but I'm stumped20180410_160636.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Are you following these steps?

Programming Notes:

Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.

Keyless Entry System Memory Clearing Instructions are noted in the dark blue colored steps below.

Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:

1. Close all doors.
  2. Insert key into the ignition.
  3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on the Driver’s side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so.
  4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
  5. Release the power UNLOCK button on the Driver’s side door panel. Upon release of the UNLOCK button, the vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically signaling programming mode has been reached. If the locks on your vehicle cycle, continue to Step 6. If the door locks LOCK and UNLOCK BEFORE releasing the UNLOCK button, the vehicle has NOT entered programming mode and you must start over (remove key, open door and return to Step 1). If the vehicle continues to LOCK and UNLOCK BEFORE releasing the UNLOCK button, there is a problem with the vehicle’s keyless entry system and the remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle at all, you are turning the key too quick or too slow.
  6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
  7. Repeat Step 6 for all additional remotes to be programmed.
  8. After Step 6 has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
  9. Turn ignition to OFF and remove key.
  10. Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
  11. If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.

Drec

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Yakima, Washington
There are some YouTube videos on this too. I read the instructions and couldn't figure it out, then took my iPad out to the truck and watched one of the videos while trying to do it, and well damn, I saw what I was doing wrong.

Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online