2-25-12 Hatchet House

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Hey guys I know short notice but a member on Offroadtb.com recently purchased a lift from Uncle Mark. He had e-mailed me asking for tips to tell the mechanic to install it... now what do we say to that? F*** THAT!!!

So I told him to bring it over, AJ and I are gunna install it. Just seeing if anyone is interested in coming, feel free. (Will probably be changing AJ's rack and pinion also)

So tentative date is Saturday Feb. 25th. around noon. (If this changes yall will be first to know)

I'll send it to anyone who needs the address, but i live in Worth, IL 60482.

If we get a few people we can do a BBQ, beer, and bonfire also.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
in the old days(and the Amish still do) they used do a barn raising where everyone in the community would help a farmer build a barn.
I guess you could call this a "truck raising"!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I will be interested in making the trip over, as long as you don't mind me bringing the kids along. The wife is working nights Friday, Saturday, and Sundays now so I am Mr. Mom on the weekends.

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
fletch09 said:
would love to come help. BUT, that is my wife's b-day and have league bowling that night also.

No biggie, Better time to be spent on the wife. I can't make your life miserable. :raspberry:

Regulator said:
I will be interested in making the trip over, as long as you don't mind me bringing the kids along. The wife is working nights Friday, Saturday, and Sundays now so I am Mr. Mom on the weekends.

I got no problems with that, I got a big enough yard for them to play in. The crawl space is a lot of fun too. lol

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
markmc said:
Thanks for the offer of help nephew!
i dont care what they say about you.. your alright in my book!

Hey that makes 2 of us that dont care.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I dont care what they say bout ya neither.

Wish I could come help and see the pad, but we have a mandatory party next weekend. Actually just tried to get out of it to do my front diff.

Yall have fun! Make sure there is some juicy fruit and beer cans in the install.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Couldn't live in central Illinois could ya gotta be 5 hours away I'm dieing for a meet down here theres no one inside 4 hours of me.

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I dont care what they say bout ya neither.

Wish I could come help and see the pad, but we have a mandatory party next weekend. Actually just tried to get out of it to do my front diff.

Yall have fun! Make sure there is some juicy fruit and beer cans in the install.

There always next time. Have fun at the party. And what do you think i'm putting AJ's rack and pinion in with..

STLtrailbSS said:
Couldn't live in central Illinois could ya gotta be 5 hours away I'm dieing for a meet down here theres no one inside 4 hours of me.

I try my best lol

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Matt im not sure if you guys are planning on coming in for just the day or not but me and Nicole finally bought a house. It has 2 guest bedrooms that you are welcome to use if you want to.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Hotness said:
Matt im not sure if you guys are planning on coming in for just the day or not but me and Nicole finally bought a house. It has 2 guest bedrooms that you are welcome to use if you want to.

:hijack:

Congrats on the house purchase :wootwoot:

no more money for mods :sadcry:

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
i got sleepy coming also, trying to get chevytblover also...

so looks like we got a few people. and yea me and AJ are cheap now lol

1. Hatchet
2. CHI-TOWN (offroadtb.com)
3. Hotness
4. Regulator
5. Sleepy

oh yea AJ, i'm gunna throw in a 220 line for the compressor.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
This is for the CHI-TOWN lift? He is now having 2nd thoughts on the Z71 springs, I told him to try them before he decides. He won't know if the ride is harsh without trying them.

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Ok nevermind. He already got it installed today. So we are not doing the lift now. If y'all still wanna come by and chill and maybe do aj's rack and pinion. Up to everyone else. Guys still wanna meet, the house is free.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
STLtrailbSS said:

WOW?? Really? :smile: :raspberry:

We really need to get a STL meet going again.. At least befor I move...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well its been determined that the meet is still going on. We will be doing Hotness's rack and pinion, Regulator's tie rods.

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Ok after talking it over with AJ I believe we decided to have it at his house (as long as its ok with the Mrs. :raspberry:) Since a few people are staying over there anyways and dont feel like moving air compressor.

So Hotness take it over...

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Ok sounds good. Date and time are still the same. If someone wants to come sooner that's fine too. Anyone that wants to come just pm me for the address. It is in tinley park il

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
That's too bad Ed we were looking forward to seeing you. I guess this meet will just have to be cop free :smile:

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Was a good little get together 5 members, 4 truck, & 0 cops (which I think is a record).

Regulator
silvernclean
SleepyJr
Hotness
Hatchet

Well we all learned some tips on changing the tie rods to the 3/4 ton Silverado ones, such as pre drilling the knuckle with a 5/8" drill bit before using the tapper. As well as a few on the rack and pinion. Like disconnecting the correct lines before giving me a BFH to get the old one out ಠ_ಠ . Also the black rubber plugs attached to that warning tag saying flush are important. They stop 3 quarts of power steering fluid from pouring out the bottom of your truck.

Quick rundown. Changed Reg's end links and drilled out the knuckles, after several trips out for different drills and drill bits. We had a few beers. Watched Sleepy change his hub, while drinking. Started to tear apart Hotness' rack and pinion, after some time finally got it out, thanks to AJ for just barley missing my head on that one. Called it a night and drank some more. Reg and Silver left in morning, I came back over and helped get the new rack in, aligned, and purged the systems. And to align the trucks we used a level and a rake for straight edges lol.

But still a good time with good friends. Dont think we have any pics, we were all busy. Except for Silver, he could have taken pics :raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Hatchet said:
But still a good time with good friends. Dont think we have any pics, we were all busy. Except for Silver, he could have taken pics :raspberry:

uh oh!!!:readrules: pix or it didnt happen!! c'mon Joe :raspberry:

we just had a mini mod meet at my house yesturday as well... changed the hubs on a friends mom's Voy... always love mini meets and saving money on installs... glad we have this site and the great people to share the knowledge and help out where applicable

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Where did you get 3 qts of power steering to fit? Mine only held under 1.

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
uh oh!!!:readrules: pix or it didnt happen!! c'mon Joe :raspberry:

we just had a mini mod meet at my house yesturday as well... changed the hubs on a friends mom's Voy... always love mini meets and saving money on installs... glad we have this site and the great people to share the knowledge and help out where applicable

well i know of one pic at the least lol

HARDTRAILZ said:
Where did you get 3 qts of power steering to fit? Mine only held under 1.

Under the truck is where it all fit lol... exaggeration but alot came out

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
The only pics I took.
62c11c72-0ad5-95d8.jpg
62c11c72-0ae0-e1a7.jpg
62c11c72-0aeb-0479.jpg
62c11c72-0af5-96d9.jpg

And a modded ss me and Matt met at autoparts store. Goes by midwestchevy on tbssowners.
62c11c72-0b41-14e2.jpg
62c11c72-0b4a-7cbf.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Hotness said:
The only pics I took.
62c11c72-0ad5-95d8.jpg
62c11c72-0ae0-e1a7.jpg
62c11c72-0aeb-0479.jpg
62c11c72-0af5-96d9.jpg

And a modded ss me and Matt met at autoparts store. Goes by midwestchevy on tbssowners.
62c11c72-0b41-14e2.jpg
62c11c72-0b4a-7cbf.jpg

What color is that Voy? Is it 2 toned? At first it looked flat black or flat grey/silver. Whatever it is it looks nice as hell!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yes 2 toned. Stock silver on top and dark grey on bottom and seperated by a candy red vinyl. He has 24" wheels. It is nice as hell. He also has street scenes ground effects. (Discontinued item). Huge box in rear with some subs.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Yes 2 toned. Stock silver on top and dark grey on bottom and seperated by a candy red vinyl. He has 24" wheels. It is nice as hell. He also has street scenes ground effects. (Discontinued item). Huge box in rear with some subs.

It's pretty freaking sexy!

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
did Martin give you a sample of his system, or was AJ afraid it would blow his garage door out? :yaay:

fletch09 said:
did Martin give you a sample of his system, or was AJ afraid it would blow his garage door out? :yaay:

Aj didn't wanna piss off his neighbors. So nope

Regulator did help martin fix one of his mirrors since it rattled loose. Lol.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
I would wouldn't have minded pissing off the neighbors a little bit. Martin didn't have his subs hooked up at the time.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Oh my bad...I must have misunderstood. Thanks for having us over and btw like ur house nice set up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher