1982 C10 5.3L Swap

Kelly@PCMofNC

Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Is this too old of a truck to post here? :smile: Well...if it is, it's still getting a later model engine, so there!

I bought this '82 C10 from a friend of mine. I had my eye on it for a while and when I found out he was selling it I jumped on it. I just think it looks cool! It came with a carbureted 305 (watch out now, she's fast!) and a turbo 350.

1.jpg

I added some different wheels to it, but I don't really like the way it looks so I'll likely go back to what it had.

2.jpg

Here's the engine bay currently,

3.jpg

Aaaand here's what's going in it's place

5.jpg

It's a stock 2008 5.3L out of a junkyard. I don't plan on making it anything crazy (I already have three other supercharged rides!). This one's getting our Attitude V2 Cam, LS3 car intake/throttle body, and I'll be milling the heads just a bit. We plan to run a 6l80e automatic transmission, which should be really fun! That's kind of why I wanted a truck for this swap, the 6L80e's are pretty big, and I knew with a truck we would have a lot more room in the trans tunnel to play around with. I picked up a 3000 Circle D stall as well. I didn't want anything too big as I do daily drive this.

I plan to get it up and running with the 5.3/6L80e probably around July/Aug or so. Then I'd like to go back and add A/C probably using the set up off of a late model camaro. I've been toying with updating the interior/dash as well, but I don't know if I will have the energy for for that after doing the rest of it, lol. It would be really sweet to retrofit a 2008+ silverado dash...but we will see!

neohio

Nov 11, 2013
My favourite body style truck! These trucks look great with a set of GM deep dish rims on them. If you can find a set of 8" 454 SS rims even better. Grab a set of centers off a 5 bolt astro van. they have a lower profile than the full size ones and make the rim look better.

jomulk56

Apr 21, 2014
Nice build. I learned how to drive in a truck very similar to that. It was even a 5 speed too.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
That looks might good. Would love to see more when it's done or being completed. I love builds like this.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Kelly@PCMofNC said:
A 305ci. Roar!! lol

lol..... sounds like one of those famous engines. Famous for being a V8 with less than 200hp!! I drove one like that for a few years. It desperately needed more power.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm eying that C7 in the background there... :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Love that syle, but I did like the first rims better.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86