16x8 wheels on an 04 Trailblazer LS

Inspector71

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Is it possible?

Also, I don't really know what offset is. What offset should I get if it's possible to stick 16x8 wheels on it?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
What are the choices you're being offered? 25mm would be good.

Also make sure the wheels you're looking at have our unique bolt pattern of 6X5" (same as 6X127mm)

Inspector71

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
the roadie said:
What are the choices you're being offered? 25mm would be good.

Also make sure the wheels you're looking at have our unique bolt pattern of 6X5" (same as 6X127mm)

I just wanted to know what to look for. I'll keep an eye out for that.

But what if it talks about backspacing instead of offset? How much backspacing should I go for?

Also, yeah I know about the bolt pattern. Since I'm going to be using spacers anyways (I'm going to be sticking 265/75/16 tires on them), it's
possible to use MarcMC's adapter as a spacer right?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
the roadie said:
Let's see if you get useful (or no) answers on the OS. :wink:

My vote is 0. And even if I did answer it over there it wouldn't count cause he can't see it. :cool:

Inspector71

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Hahahaha I originally started using that site. I figured I should put it on both.

On the subject of wheels, 265/75/16 size tires will fit on 16x7 wheels right?
I'm actually thinking of going with 16x7 instead of 16x8 because I can't find any
I like that are 16x8 with 5" backspacing, but I found a nice, rugged looking set
of rims that are 16x7 with the right amount of backspacing.

Pro Comp Wheels Part 52-6873S5 - 52 Rock Crawler Series - Gloss Black Powder Wheels by Pro Comp

nascarusa1

Feb 24, 2012
Inspector71 said:
Hahahaha I originally started using that site. I figured I should put it on both.

On the subject of wheels, 265/75/16 size tires will fit on 16x7 wheels right?
I'm actually thinking of going with 16x7 instead of 16x8 because I can't find any
I like that are 16x8 with 5" backspacing, but I found a nice, rugged looking set
of rims that are 16x7 with the right amount of backspacing.

Pro Comp Wheels Part 52-6873S5 - 52 Rock Crawler Series - Gloss Black Powder Wheels by Pro Comp

The link shows a 16 x7 with a 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern, not the 6 x 5 pattern needed. I too am having trouble finding 16" rims for my trailblazer. There was a set on Ebay 16 x8 Liquid Metal rims, but I didn't bid in time. Someone did a buy it now and got them. I did find a '02 trailblazer online with 6 x 5 to 6 x 5.5 adapters on it and it looked pretty good if you want to go with adapters as I don't know what your opinion is on them. Probably a better selection of wheels available though.

Inspector71

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
nascarusa1 said:
The link shows a 16 x7 with a 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern, not the 6 x 5 pattern needed. I too am having trouble finding 16" rims for my trailblazer. There was a set on Ebay 16 x8 Liquid Metal rims, but I didn't bid in time. Someone did a buy it now and got them. I did find a '02 trailblazer online with 6 x 5 to 6 x 5.5 adapters on it and it looked pretty good if you want to go with adapters as I don't know what your opinion is on them. Probably a better selection of wheels available though.

Yeah I need a spacer anyways so I'm going to be using MarkMC's adapter.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The way I see it, if you're getting aftermarket wheels you might as well get Mark's adapters as it opens up so many options to you, vs being limited to only a few choices with this funky weird pattern GM used on these trucks. I wish I understood their reasoning :weird: Maybe it was that Japanese Isuzu influence that was the cause :tongue:

nascarusa1

Feb 24, 2012
kardain said:

I like the first one listed from Eagle. The second from MB wheels I've seen on a Trailblazer around here. Just a personal choice but I didn't like them as much as the Eagles. Thanks for the info on the wheels Kardain.
View attachment 19146
Here's the ones on Ebay that went for $500. 16x8

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJBoE7yMgFi5zBPG03-NlIg~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJBoE7yMgFi5zBPG03-NlIg~~60_58.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 93

nascarusa1

Feb 24, 2012
Sparky said:
The way I see it, if you're getting aftermarket wheels you might as well get Mark's adapters as it opens up so many options to you, vs being limited to only a few choices with this funky weird pattern GM used on these trucks. I wish I understood their reasoning :weird: Maybe it was that Japanese Isuzu influence that was the cause :tongue:

This one I'll never figure out either. How many parts did they already have, hubs, rotors, axles, wheels, etc. with a 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern? I would have thought they could have saved $$$ by already using the parts they already have instead of having all this stuff made up for a suv that's already out of production. I guess it's adapters or SAS.:undecided:

View attachment 19147
View attachment 19148
Trailblazer with adapters.

Attachments

• 842.jpg
    842.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 15
  • 830.jpg
    830.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 13

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
nascarusa1 said:
This one I'll never figure out either. How many parts did they already have, hubs, rotors, axles, wheels, etc. with a 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern? I would have thought they could have saved $$$ by already using the parts they already have instead of having all this stuff made up for a suv that's already out of production. I guess it's adapters or SAS.:undecided:

View attachment 4462
View attachment 4463
Trailblazer with adapters.
What are you trying to figure out about this one? He is a member here. He is using adapters to go to the standard 6X5.5.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
djthumper said:
What are you trying to figure out about this one? He is a member here. He is using adapters to go to the standard 6X5.5.

:iagree: That's HardTrailz truck. He doesn't have a SAS..........YET!!!!!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I miss my white wheels! They were 15x8.

nascarusa1

Feb 24, 2012
djthumper said:

I was talking about GM using a 6x5 bolt pattern. re:where Sparky could not understand GM's reasoning on the weird bolt pattern, which is the comment about why didn't GM just use parts already in stock with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern and build the Trailblazer around that.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
nascarusa1 said:
I was talking about GM using a 6x5 bolt pattern. re:where Sparky could not understand GM's reasoning on the weird bolt pattern, which is the comment about why didn't GM just use parts already in stock with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern and build the Trailblazer around that.
Yeah, I have wondered about that and why they would run a 8" rear end for the I6 SWB and the 8.5 for the XL and V8.

Ascender2004

Dec 7, 2011
Sparky said:

Dont be haten' on the Isuzus :biggrin:

But i agree there was not enough thought put into wheel size availibility

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher