12V Pump

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Back when I had my S10 Blazer, I got a 12V tire inflator pump at harbor freight. I kept it in one of those compartments on the sides of the back seats. Then when I moved on to the trailblazer, oh lucky me, theres a compartment it fits right in on the side of the way back storage area.

Well years later, come to read somewhere that that spot is actually for a 12V pump that the truck originally came with!? Were these original pumps any good? Can you get them now? What did they look like? Did they fit into the odd shape or did you just sort of jam it in there like I do with my current one?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That is where (I think) the air ride suspension pump would go, for models so equipped. And I think it sucked for inflating tires. You're better off with your plug-in pump.

Now does yours have a rear power socket? If so, convenient, assuming it works. Mine had a socket, never worked, fuse was good, but the socket was dead. Never felt like tearing the panel out to figure out what was wrong... until I had a bolt in my tire and my spare was flat.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep. That is where the combo air ride and inflator system was but the compressor itself was underneath the truck. It's expensive and not worth the trouble to retrofit. My Saab had it but was already deleted when I bought it but the switch and valve were there.

Reactions: xavierny25
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
The air compressor for my suspension failed years ago so I "T"'d everything together using the schrader valve from the OEM inflator in the cargo area.... and guess where I keep my portable, 12v "cigarette plug" compressor.... right in that little pocket on the side. It's a perfect fit, too. It also inflates things a heck of a lot faster than the OEM compressor.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.