10 bolt rear suspension geometry/comparable years for gm chassis

Jeffrey gray

Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Jamestown, ny
I'm wondering if the suspension geometry is the same for the rear suspension in trailblazers and other years of gm vehicles(i.e.); trailing arm length. I'm looking to upgrade my rear suspension, and I'm wondering if previous years are compatible being a ten bolt. Everything else stock except pcm and tires.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not that I'm aware of, though I have not measured them. The 10 bolt in the GMT360 platform is a bit of a unique beast. The 8" one in the SWB especially is bizarre as no other vehicle shares it as far as I'm aware. The 8.6" has a unique housing compared to other 8.6" 10 bolts, but at least the guts are the same as the rest.

What kind of upgrades are you thinking of doing?

Jeffrey gray

Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Jamestown, ny
I'm thinking of lifting it 3" front and 2.5 rear with 285/70/17 and 2" wheel spacers on all four corners. I want to put new rear control arms but I seem to be limited on the selection of rear control arms for this platform. Also I'm wondering what shocks to run with a lifted trailblazer. I've heard stock shocks max out with full suspension travel. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Moved thread to lifted section as that is your ultimate goal.

@HARDTRAILZ is our resident lifting guru. He's usually not here on weekends but I'm sure he'll chime in.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Get these Bilstein rear shocks and not the washers needed for the lower mount.
http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3438

Build your own rear control arms with an extra inch length or look at the ones from Massive

Pitch the rear swaybar and build some bolt-on or quick disco links for the front with all-thread and hiem joints.

Go ahead and put in the Bilstein HD front struts while you got stuff apart cause the front lift rather sucks to take in and out.

Jeffrey gray

Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Jamestown, ny
I have moog struts in the front with all new bushings and suspension and steering components by moog. I’m doing a 3” lift in front and going with Tahoe springs rear. With new moog control arms in the rear. Thanks for the rear shock tip. The original plan was to maybe get another year trailing arm but eventually I’d like to make my own.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher