1-2-2011 - Badlands Trip

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
A few pics off my phone. You guys have some great pics in your albums. I am scavenging on to some of them to keep. I will try to get some of the video from my passenger and some of the Jeep guys pics.
Trip some of us did with some of the JK guys and some other local clubs earlier this year. We met for the day and wheeled at Badlands in Attica, IN. Definitely a good place to wheel as shown here in some pics. Feel free to add any you may have from this day...

AAA8.jpg

AAA3.jpg

AAA1.jpg

AAA7.jpg

AAA6.jpg

AAA5.jpg

AAA4.jpg

AAA9.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
DSC_2502.jpg

DSC_2472.jpg

DSC_2427.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

DSC_2291.jpg

DSC_2248.jpg

DSC_2233.jpg

DSC_2215.jpg

DSC_2068.jpg

She was explaining how high off the ground my tire was...
DSC_2072.jpg

DSC_2023.jpg

DSC_1954.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

DSC_2320.jpg

DSC_2182.jpg

DSC_2159.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
WTF happened to that Jeep?? Or do we not want to know :eek:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Couple kids got it sideways on a hill in the quarry and rolled it. They were ok though.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Couple kids got it sideways on a hill in the quarry and rolled it. They were ok though.

Wow! I guess it can happen to anyone, but that thing looked pretty mangled. I don't think I would ever want to off road in a jeep....let alone drive one :redface: I don't even think I could off road. I see pictures and have watched video's and I have panic attacks just sitting here seeing it on the computer. I can't remember whose video's it was on the OS off road threads, but I cried lol I couldn't spot or drive in that. Al though I do have the danglies to at least try it lol

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
It can always happen but smarts and experience really help.

I had my wife starting to not be too scared until in TN my buddy asked how it felt to hang a tire off a 500 plus foot dropoff over the cb. She was none to thrilled and does not have much interest anymore. We were just fine but she made me stick to milder trails the next day.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
It can always happen but smarts and experience really help.

I had my wife starting to not be too scared until in TN my buddy asked how it felt to hang a tire off a 500 plus foot dropoff over the cb. She was none to thrilled and does not have much interest anymore. We were just fine but she made me stick to milder trails the next day.

Yeah I think I would have bailed about then lmao. I am terrified of heights! Willing to take risks...definitely! But I really have to put a lot of trust in someone to do something like hang a tire off a 500 plus foot dropoff lol. I think at that point I would grab my earbuds, a magazine and not pay any attention, but just be there for support when you have to get out and dig your own truck out of a hole :wink:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for sharing hardtrailz! and dang that jeep was totaled! I wish we had these kinda activities here. All we got are those crazy locals that do dune climbing. Not a place where you'd bring along your fam for a joy ride.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
My video from the trip:

[video=youtube;8n3i1aLbVqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3i1aLbVqo[/video]

mjdh_80

Feb 9, 2012
That was a great video bartonmd! Looks like it was a good time. Makes me glad I have a TB and a jeep. Now I just need to convince the wife to get a lift on the TB. :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.