'08 to '09 Any changes?

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I have been lookning on-line to buy the GM Shop Manuals for my '09 TB. Came up empty - but I did find one source for '08 GM manuals. Were there any significant changes for the last year of production, or would the '08 manuals be "Close Enough"?

Thanks
Alan

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thanks Jeff. I had downloaded those. I guess I fit into the "old fart" catagory enough that a PDF on the computer is just not the same as holding a real book in my hands.

Alan

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
09 had a Bluetooth radio I think that is the only thing major if you call that major as far as a shop manual that should be the same

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
It looks like the '08 should be close enough. My LT is "LT in name only". Has the LT bumpers and grill, but is a stripped down fleet build so no Bluetooth, OnStar, or anything upgrade at all. My RPO list has many more "deletes" than "adds".

Alan

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
That isn't the stock resonator you saw at the New Year meet. It's a crystal packed, magnetically hyper-charged exhaust confibulator guaranteed to make the TB go 150 K miles between oil changes get up to 197.2 MPG. Says so right there in the J.C. Whitney catalog! :raspberry:

Alan

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
asautt said:
I have been lookning on-line to buy the GM Shop Manuals for my '09 TB. Came up empty - but I did find one source for '08 GM manuals. Were there any significant changes for the last year of production, or would the '08 manuals be "Close Enough"?

Thanks
Alan

I don't know what the '08 manuals are going for, but Helminc.com has the '09 for $150 + shipping.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
asautt said:
That isn't the stock resonator you saw at the New Year meet. It's a crystal packed, magnetically hyper-charged exhaust confibulator guaranteed to make the TB go 150 K miles between oil changes get up to 197.2 MPG. Says so right there in the J.C. Whitney catalog! :raspberry:

Alan

I wonder what's better for MPG, the J.C. Whitney confibulator, or the JC Whitney magnet you zip tie to the fuel line. :smile:

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
I don't know what the '08 manuals are going for, but Helminc.com has the '09 for $150 + shipping.

Thanks! Nice find. I completely Googled myself out and didn't find that one.

Alan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online