08 Acadia no start.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Have a buddy who is having issues with his Acadia not starting. Dealer ship says it's the Guage cluster and wants $600 to replace. I found a TSB that says it requires a software update.

The only info I have is that the car would not start this morning, and worked fine yesterday. He had a code that stated "vehicle lost communication with security" but he does not remember the code itself. Also the lift gate fuse was blown, and jump starting did not help. The dealer ship says gauge cluster.

http://workshop-manuals.com/gmc/acadia_awd/v6-3.6l/instrument_panel_gauges_and_warning_indicators/instrument_cluster/carrier/instrument_panel_control_module/component_information/technical_service_bulletins/all_technical_service_bulletins_for_instrument_panel_control_module/09-06-03-002g/aug/10/electrical_no_crank/no_start_due_to_discharged_battery/

Hoping through the infinite wisdom of us the forum we may be able to come up with something.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I told him to try that. It is still at the dealership, said he will try in the morning. It's not a GM dealer, just a local throw whatever the hell we get dealer. Been in business for a very long time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online