07 Yukon Denali, should I buy it

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
Not sure where to post this but here it is. We've had it with our 94 K1500 GMC Suburban. Started leaking antifreeze out the back of the intake manifold, $600 to fix, just after EGR valve, cracked exhaust manifolds, etc. So, started looking at different tow vehicles, darn near impossible to find a Tahoe, Yukon or Suburban with a bigger engine than the vaunted 5.3. Found an '07 Yukon Denali with the 6.2, six speed auto with tow package. The car lot (I know the owner) would sell it to me for $11,500. It is a bit worn inside but seems to run good and transmission shifts ok. Anybody have a comments about these vehicles, I assume a 6.2 will tow good? 136,000 miles

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
What does it look like from Below? If it resembles anything like the "SS Rust-Oleum" down there ...I'd shine it on... But if not.. With that FLM (Fairly Low Mileage) and with the Real Need for you to have some Decent Power to keep Towing Your Trailer around on your Infamous Road Trips... it definitely looks like something that would turn my head for sure; and well worth your time looking it over REAL Good. Just be sure to "CAR-FAX The HELL Out Of It" B4 you settle on Buying it. And If its even a LITTLE BIT Ugly... Offer the Car Lot Dude a Nice Round Figure of Ten Grand.

Incidentally... Keeping a Man who Owns a Car Lot as a "Friend " ... is a bit like Keeping a Sub-Saharan Cobra ... for House Pet... LOL :>)

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
I crawled around under it and it has a lot of surface rust on the frame that used to look bad before some one sprayed some undercoating. I scraped some areas off and there is no rust thru or anything serious. They didn't do the drive shaft and it looks bad but just surface stuff. the floor pans are like new, no rust at all. Got it home now (haven't bought it yet) and am going to tow the trailer tomorrow. Sure runs good so far and everything seems to work. Looks nice, some very minor dings outside and some stains inside but I kinda like that, don't have to worry about keeping it pristine. Gonna have my mechanic look at it Monday. It has 20" aftermarket wheels which I thought were too big, but that's the size that it came with, so guess I'll keep them. Needs new tires though. Sure love the brute of an engine. According to the CarFax it was only in northern BC for one winter.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Hey, 20" wheels are what the Trailblazer SS came with and I never saw an ugly SS yet, so long as they don't have a ridiculously low profile you're ahead of the game.They didn't coat the drive shafts(at least mine wasn't) so that rust is common.Otherwise, it sounds really nice...good luck.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
6.2s are bullet proof. That's low mileage for a truck. My only concern is the payload of the Yukon. If its a loaded model your payload might not be enough to handle your trailer.

That said have you considered a PU truck? You can get a 3/4 ton for less money than that Tahoe will cost you and have far more capacity.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online