NEED HELP 07 Trailblazer Trasfercase issue?

Buzzstpoint

Been having an issue with my 4wd. Flashing selector switch, and 4wd service light.

Been through 4 different transfercase motors. All seemed to do a different issue. Flashes and stick in 4 high, or flash and stick in auto.. After checking wiring and replacing switches, actuator and tccm. Nothing has fixed my 4wd problems.

So while under the truck I fired it up and tried to turn the shaft where the transfercase motor bolts on, the shaft will turn clockwise about an 1/8 turn and spring back. If I go counter clock wise it will turn a little more then 1/8 and stop. Doesnt want to engage in to 4hi or lo.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, do I see a transfercase in my future?

Mooseman

What has the maintenance of the TC been like? The fluid should be changed every 50k miles, which is a relatively short period. When you drain the fluid, check for bits of metal.

With the encoder motor off, how does it move when you move the selector? Does it turn?

budwich

not sure that "firing up" and trying the turn by hand is valid.... depending on what position the transfer case actually is in.

OP
OP
Buzzstpoint

Buzzstpoint

What has the maintenance of the TC been like? The fluid should be changed every 50k miles, which is a relatively short period. When you drain the fluid, check for bits of metal.

With the encoder motor off, how does it move when you move the selector? Does it turn?
I bought the TB 2 years ago, dealership said they changed all fluids on the truck.. I put on about 30k already, currently sitting at 195k on the truck.

With the encoder off the motor will turn.
On the case it will small buzzing sounds about 2 second apart for a short time then stop.

OP
OP
Buzzstpoint

Buzzstpoint

not sure that "firing up" and trying the turn by hand is valid.... depending on what position the transfer case actually is in.
I thought if the truck was running , if I turn by hand, I may be able to determine if the transfer case has an internal problem.

seanpooh

By any chance you scan for codes? It helps.

Draining the transfer case would aid in identifying if anything is wrong internal, but not all the time. Where did you obtain the four different encoder motors?

To get into 4LO you have to be in neutral and engine running.

Last edited:

budwich

who installed the encoder(s)? how were the encoder(s) installed? Is the truck currently "motive"?

OP
OP
Buzzstpoint

Buzzstpoint

By any chance you scan for codes? It helps.

Draining the transfer case would aid in identifying if anything is wrong internal, but not all the time. Where did you obtain the four different encoder motors?

To get into 4LO you have to be in neutral and engine running.
I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I have time to change the fluid.
As far as the encoder motors, 1 is orginal, 2 junk yards, and 1 remaned from my work.

I'll scan the codes in the morning.

budwich

OK... have you scanned / are you able to scan for codes.... note: they are not likely P codes but C codes. IF not, you then need to get a meter out and verify the electrical conditions are the connector of the motor / transfer case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Rob65
Top Bottom