07 Silverado 5.3 oil pressure switch without removing the intake manifold

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
s1.jpg
s2.jpg

I heard there was a shortcut for snaking out the 5.3 oil pressure switch instead of pulling the intake off and damn if it didn't work. I was also able to get the screen out to check for debris. You see two 3" extensions - one was connected to the swivel when I pushed the socket straight down onto the switch, then I connected the other one and the ratchet. The two vac hoses that are right in that area were the only things that had to be moved. I disconnected the booster hose at the booster and flipped it out of the way since the clamp that holds it at the intake is in a bad spot. Book time is 2.1 hours, it was a solid 45 minutes maybe even an hour for this first one.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Same deal for the 03-06 5.3's? Someone axed me to help them replace one and I immediately noped out of it after looking up the placement. Looked at the picture a couple seconds and told him nah I'm not interested.

Reactions: MAY03LT

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Same deal for the 03-06 5.3's? Someone axed me to help them replace one and I immediately noped out of it after looking up the placement. Looked at the picture a couple seconds and told him nah I'm not interested.
I did it on the escalade, 03 but it's a 6.0. I imagine they're in the same place. I forget if I used a swivel or not, but I did hand thread it in. Wish my arms were smaller but I snaked in there and still flinch about all the cuts and bruises.

Reactions: MAY03LT and Mounce

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva

I want to say yes because recently I had a trans out of a 03 escalade and while looking around I remember thinking that was a hellofaplace to put the oil pressure switch.

I did it on the escalade, 03 but it's a 6.0. I imagine they're in the same place. I forget if I used a swivel or not, but I did hand thread it in. Wish my arms were smaller but I snaked in there and still flinch about all the cuts and bruises.

You and me both LOL it's usually the foreign cars that I can't fit my arms into.

Reactions: littleblazer

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have read that it can be done when people pulled it to clean the screen for the DOD. Found these videos:

Part 1

Part 2

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Great post. Thanks! I have to replace mine. It stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting for warmer weather.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20160223_112841.jpg

I had a van with a 6.0 come in for something unrelated so I snapped a pic of the oil pressure switch. The intake is a little different but the location of the switch is the same.

Reactions: Mounce

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
I did mine on Saturday. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Took less than 45 minutes. The part that I could not do was figure out how to get the screen out. I could see the inside of it a little bit with a mirror and it looked clean so I chose not to replace it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
From what I read, you grab the screen using a dental pick.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online