07 isuzu ascender radio no sound

mgbolts20

Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
Florida
Hello i have a 2007 Isuzu Ascender that has sound coming from dash speakers only, none of the door speakers are working. The head unit is fine as it's been changed out recently with the same result. I've read this is a common problem but i've seen no solution, anyone??

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Seems like you have a bose system since you actually have dash speaker. I'd be checking at the amp which is located behind the panel on the passenger side rear of the truck. There you'll find all the wires headed to the speakers as well as all the wires coming from the head unit. You'll find out really quick which are speaker pairs because they will be twisted together until they go into the connectors. Grab a known working speaker attach some wire to both + & - and start probing to see if you get any sound out of it.

I highly doubt that all 4 door speakers went out at the same time, so it could be the amp. Unless you got yourself a rodent problem and he/she had a field day back there at the amp.

1 more thing you said you replaced the radio is the replacement a factory or aftermarket unit?

Last edited:

mgbolts20

Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
Florida
Thank you I will do some investigating, it’s actually my sisters spare truck and I’m trying to help her figure out the problem. Naturally I installed a new head unit thinking the other had issues, same exact thing tho. Wasn’t sure about the system being Bose as there are no markings whatsoever, everything is reinstalled correctly with all proper adapters etc from Crutchfield. So I will dig in some more and report back, again thx a ton.

mgbolts20

Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
Florida
Seems like you have a bose system since you actually have dash speaker. I'd be checking at the amp which is located behind the panel on the passenger side rear of the truck. There you'll find all the wires headed to the speakers as well as all the wires coming from the head unit. You'll find out really quick which are speaker pairs because they will be twisted together until they go into the connectors. Grab a known working speaker attach some wire to both + & - and start probing to see if you get any sound out of it.

I highly doubt that all 4 door speakers went out at the same time, so it could be the amp. Unless you got yourself a rodent problem and he/she had a field day back there at the amp.

1 more thing you said you replaced the radio is the replacement a factory or aftermarket unit?
Ok there is no amp and it’s def not a Bose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online