'06 SS seats installed in an '05 LT?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
I have an opportunity to pick up a full set of '06 SS seats, minty condition and extremely cheap, the guy just wants rid of them. My cloth seats don't have heat or memory but the SS seat does, and my pass seat is manual but I believe the SS pass seat also has electric, heat and memory. So I'm here to ask the age old question "will these work" in my '05 LT?

Attachments

• 00m0m_jfMj8JgjPu0_1200x900.jpg
    00m0m_jfMj8JgjPu0_1200x900.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 01111_io19NlrmHZE_1200x900.jpg
    01111_io19NlrmHZE_1200x900.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 01616_bMnyS1vBYbH_1200x900.jpg
    01616_bMnyS1vBYbH_1200x900.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 10

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Take a look under your seats, is there any wiring harness? I'm not sure what manual only seats look like as mine are both electric.

Reactions: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
True enough, once I get them out, I'll know more about what I'm looking at. I know the pass seat has to have some kind of harness even though it's manual, it has an airbag light on the homelink. So I know it's connected some how to detect if there's weight on it or not. And if that's all there is, I guess I'll have to splice into a hot and ground for the power. The wife doesn't need a heated seat, ha ha. She's tiny, so as long as she can adjust it, that's all that matters.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
True enough, once I get them out, I'll know more about what I'm looking at. I know the pass seat has to have some kind of harness even though it's manual, it has an airbag light on the homelink. So I know it's connected some how to detect if there's weight on it or not. And if that's all there is, I guess I'll have to splice into a hot and ground for the power. The wife doesn't need a heated seat, ha ha. She's tiny, so as long as she can adjust it, that's all that matters.
If the driver's side is the same, maybe you could splice everything to power the seats :cool:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the heat and memory seats, you would need both door modules and that`s if the harness is there to make it work under the seats. Might also need reprogramming of the BCM. Or just make your own set of switches and relays for the heat. I know of at least one here that did just that. Probably be able to get the seat adjusters working without memory.

Edit: Found the thread:
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/prewired-for-heated-seats.15069/

Edit 2: Found this thread for wiring the seats:
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/how-to-convert-power-memory-seats-to-power-seats.15314/

Last edited:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
Thank you for those links sir, but I always do my homework before I ask questions, and I came across those already, and a few more. Nothing is very detailed though. I found the correct door modules, they're not really that cheap for both, around $75 together shipped. But I guess in the end if they do have the correct connecting harnesses under the seats they'd be worth it. A lot of my build is pending, this weather makes it tough to do anything without a heated garage. These seats are a 3 hour round trip to get them, and driving in the snow has never been one of my favorite things to do.

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
I believe when ordering new door
Modules they’ll need flashed with a tech ll. This is why most go junkyard fishing for these because they’re already programmed. So take that into account when adding cost. Enjoy those seats I’m jealous

Reactions: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online