05tbowners 2005 Trailblazer LT build

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hello everyone! I haven't really been active on any of my car forums for the past year, but I plan on posting a lot again! I bought my 05 TB about 3 and a half years ago from a chevy dealer. I have been modding it little by little for the past few years. It was a fully loaded LT, but I removed the roof rack (for now?) and the running boards. So far I have removed the door moldings, installed a SS cluster, painted the brake calipers purple, installed euro clear corner headlights, installed flat aftermarket tail lights, tinted tail lights, debadged, and I'm sure I'm missing something. Here are some pictures of how it started and were it's at now:
IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

clusterfacetbss001.jpg

tb004-1.jpg

tb003-1.jpg

tb002.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

DSCN0952_zps00d2aff8.jpg

I think I've decided on rims. I really want to get 17" cragar soft 8's, but I want them to sit flush and not stick out. What size spacers should I get if I get 17x8 cragars? I can't get them in our bolt pattern as most of you already know.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok, you had me all the way until your last pic... that SS on the front bowtie es no bueno :no:

but other then that.. nice pix :thumbsup:

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Boricua SS said:
ok, you had me all the way until your last pic... that SS on the front bowtie es no bueno :no:

but other then that.. nice pix :thumbsup:

I know, I know, I'm not a fan of it either. Someone stole my billit black powder coated bowtie last year, and my dad gave me this ss emblem. He was trying to help me, thats why it's on there. It was off of his chevelle from when he was younger.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Ha, that's why I asked in the other thread what you had. Lol.
Does the ss dash have the DIC? Did your old one?

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
dcmtnbkr said:
Ha, that's why I asked in the other thread what you had. Lol.
Does the ss dash have the DIC? Did your old one?

All I replaced was the face on the cluster. It's 10mph off, but it's still easy to figure out how fast I'm going. lol

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I haven't updated this thread as much as I would of liked with the amount of mods I've been doing, but heres an update:

tbss_zps2a60d23b.jpg
[/URL]
When I first got the SS rims. They needed new tires bad, as the stock Goodyear RSA's were shot, so I didn't have them mounted...yet.

And here they are finally mounted...still with the stock tires.

Heres a shot of the custom grille project I was working on (still haven't really finished it). Used a 1970's script badge, classy.

Custom aluminum shift knob. Still need to shorten in, but am waiting until I get my custom made shift boot in.

My new drilled and slotted rotors I just had installed a few weeks back.

And heres the new tires, rotors, and lug nuts. I opted for 275 45 20's instead of 255 50 20's, as one, they were cheaper, and two, they filled the wheel well up a little better.

And here how it's sits now....waiting for the Belltech 2/3 drop springs!

All in all, I'm right on track as to where I want to be with the build. I still have a lot left to do, but I'm pacing myself. Had the truck for over 3 years now, so I'm pretty happy. Here is a complete list of mods done to the truck to date:

Euro headlights
Custom mesh grille (cut to fit)
Custom grille badge
20" SS rims
275 45 20 Kuhmo tires
Black lug nuts
Drilled and slotted rotors (painted center of rotor to prevent rust)
Purple brake calipers
Purple valve stem caps
Stubby antenna
Rear handle delete
Gibson catback exhaust
K and N CAI
Custom shift knob
Painted dash piece around cluster and radio black
SS cluster overlay
Isimple for my ipod and iphone
Aftermarket tail lights (tinted by me)
Clear mirror turn signals
Painted mirror caps
Belltech lowering springs 2/3 drop (waiting to be delivered)

Here is the list of mods I still want to do
Change my grey leather seat out for black ones out of an envoy
Black envoy door panels
Black leather arm rest
Grant steering wheel
Pioneer double din
SS rear bumper cover and valance
Street scene front bumper cover
Tint front windows (I know, I know, should of been my first mod)
Shave rear hatch (remove piece that holds license plate)
Shave door handles
06+ LT headlights (euro turn signals, maybe projectors)
Yellow fog lights
MAYBE Silverado SS 22" rims, matte black

I think thats about it, then I'm calling it a day. But who knows! We all know that modding is never really done...

Will

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Your truck has come along nicely Love what you did to it. Are you going to go with the 07+ headlights as well to flow with the custom grill?

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Nice pics man. You must be upstate? I'm in Westchester (when I'm not in Philly)

Noticed you were moving the front license plate around, what's the story there?

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I'm in Athens, like 5 minutes from Catskill. I moved it to the side to cover a dent in the bumper cover from when I used it as it should of been used! Haha. I pulled my dads Nissan Titan out of a snow bank 2 winters ago, and it bent my tow hook into the side of the bumper cover. Moving the license plate solved that haha. I'll be getting a different front bumper eventually though so its fine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online