05 trailblazer stalling at idle

deagle12

Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
TX
My girlfriend's 05 TB with the 4.2l is stalling at idle about once a month. It happened again yesterday and there are no codes. Here's a list of what has been done to it this year:

TB cleaning
T stat replaced with new coolant (per code)
New motor mounts
New plugs

Any ideas for what to try next? It has 202k miles

shovenose

Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
interested to see if you find a solution as i have this issue too. maybe check for vacuum leaks? 05 should have maf sensor, maybe clean it?

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
If it's doing it at idle... for instance at a light, occasionally... and with the ac on... no-one's ever solved that issue...unless I missed it somewhere...

My 04 Rainier does it too... so did my wife's 04 Malibu that she'd bought new...even the dealer never could figure that out on the Malibu...

I chalk it up as a GM quirk...

:twocents:

Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Ours has been doing this for over 10 years. GM stealership was unable to find anything wrong. Any and all parts which commonly die which we read about on these threads I replaced often without any codes but to no avail. Whoever figures out this problems may retire comfortably should they want to sell their solution.

probably just a GM quirk
my 2¢
redbeard

Reactions: Tiggerr

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When you cleaned the throttle body, did you disconnect the battery for 30+minutes?

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
"When you cleaned the throttle body, did you disconnect the battery for 30+minutes?"

regularly...but unfortunately to no help on the stalling issue :sadcry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm also asking the OP.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you have a bluetooth adapter and Torque, maybe check out your fuel trims.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online