05' Trailblazer EXT LT, idle ruff and stutters when accelerating.

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Hi everyone, hay I have a 05' Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT with a problem. Started to notice the truck running ruff in idle sometimes stalling out. Then it lead to struggling when accelerating but if I step on the gas a bit and give it some power it subsides and all seems ok. I've cleaned out the throttle body replaced the air filter checked the spark plugs and still this problem persists. I've searched around these forums and others and found a lot of similar problems and a suggestion that it could be my #2 upper Oxygen sensor gone bad. Anyone have any ideas if this could be the cause of my problems. Also had a local auto parts store run a check as the Check engine light came on just the other day and got a code of P0098.

Code Definition: Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Bank 1

Couldn't seem to find much info on this code other then the incoming air is high.

Any help and suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
I reset the PCM pulled 10 and number 28 fuses left it for about 30 mins. I just replaced the air intake sensor gonna try to pull the fuses again and reset the PCM.

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Well the Check engine light went off but the car still stutters, you can really hear it out of the exhaust. It goes da da da da da da da. White smoke is also coming out of the exhaust pipe. Every now and them between the da da da da stuttering it does you hear a pffffft. Like a blow off valve sound from a turbo.

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0-nYzI8lE

link is the exhaust pipe
Next thing we try is spark plugs

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
I thought it was when I watched the video but it might also have been a neighbor in the garage closing his car door

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
it's gotta be the spark plugs right? it sounds like it. My husbands at the store picking up spark plugs right now, also the check engine light came back on so he asked the guy at o'rileys to test it and the guy shut the keys in the car so my brother had to bring the spare, when it rains it pours

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Getting the CEL code would be greatly helpful. What kind of spark plugs are being had, do you know? We recommend sticking to the AC Delco (at least in the I6 for sure, maybe the V8 too?) because the other brands just don't seem to cope well with the platform for some reason.

Reactions: Mounce

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Well it turns out we had a cracked spark plug, we replaced all the spark plugs with AC Delco, We couldn't get a CEL code off the tester it just kept saying error
As soon as we changed the spark plugs the car car perfectly! Thanks for all your help

The Neens

May 20, 2014
Jason138 said:
Hi everyone, hay I have a 05' Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT with a problem. Started to notice the truck running ruff in idle sometimes stalling out. Then it lead to struggling when accelerating but if I step on the gas a bit and give it some power it subsides and all seems ok. I've cleaned out the throttle body replaced the air filter checked the spark plugs and still this problem persists. I've searched around these forums and others and found a lot of similar problems and a suggestion that it could be my #2 upper Oxygen sensor gone bad. Anyone have any ideas if this could be the cause of my problems. Also had a local auto parts store run a check as the Check engine light came on just the other day and got a code of P0098.

Code Definition: Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Bank 1

Couldn't seem to find much info on this code other then the incoming air is high.

Any help and suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Could you have accidentally cracked the plug on the removal or install?

Jason138

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
OK well the problem came back the next morning. Doing some more research turns out I'm 99% positive it's the coil pack on #5. Going to replace the pack in the next day or so when I get a chance to do it, reset the PCM and let you know what happens. I also read others having similar issues not the cam sensor itself but the Cam Actuator Sensor. I'll try the coil pack replacement first it's a $20 dollar part, I'll let you know how things turn out.

Reactions: Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online