05 LS fog lights

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Either a new (to you) bumper that has them already installed, or be able to fabricate your own mounts as the OEM mounts are built into the bumpers. A relay, switch, and some wiring to hook up everything up and locate them where you want them. What's your skill level with wiring and electrical components?

Since your truck didn't come with them, your BCM isn't programmed to control them, and the necessary wiring, push button in the headlight control box, fuses and such aren't there. So the DIY version is pretty much your only shot.

CrawDaddy825

Original poster
Apr 8, 2018
Rochester NY
I would be ok with the wiring part, but fabricating the mounts might be tougher for me. If I use the same spot they are on other bumpers they don't sell after market brackets?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm going to do this to my LS. I cut out the fog light parts of the bumper with the lights from my old 02 TB. Then, I'll cut out the grills from the LS fog light positions. Then, take the cut outs from the 02 and glue them to the back of the bumper. Not sure if it will be necessary to paint them but the lights should hide the old bumper's colour.

You could find a junker in a pick a part and cut away the fog light portions from the bumper. Grab as much wiring as you can.

This is a project for me later this spring and hope to get a write-up done.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
For when you are ready for wiring and want to get a factory fog light button, the button (orange wire) is a negative momentary trigger.
The Drk Green/White wire is the indicator LED, but I haven't figured out how to make it work reliably yet.

I used a PAC TR7 as the brains behind the fog light button. The TR7 acts as a latching relay, accepting negative momentary inputs on the brown and/or orange wire, depending on mode.
https://pac-audio.com/catalog/specialty-items/tr7

From there, the TR7 controls a 30A relay which powers the fogs off of an ignition-switched circuit so they do not come on without the key.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Techguy77

Nov 6, 2018
Nebraska
Sorry to revive an older thread. Before my recent TB I found some OEM brackets on eBay that came with the fog lights. Heck one guy was selling the whole kit, fog lights, self made brackets and a self made wiring harness with a switch. I don't see him anymore but it was under a $100 and worth it as you just needed to install it. I think it was a guy from the other TB forum.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I just pulled my own bumper with fogs to put on my mdb bumper. I want to sell it. I have two sets of fog lights. The ones in the bumper are a little foggy. No pun intended, but the extra set is gorgeous. It’s pewter metallic two tone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online