05 Denali so close to be in my Driveway

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Heya Fellas,
Well I probably should of posted here rather in the pictures section. I'd been in the market for a GMT and after a long lasting search got my hand on a 05 Denali. It has all the bells and whistles absolute everything. I went to pick it up the other day and completely stalled on me with a Reduced Power engine light. I gave the guy his keys back and took a cab back home :biggrin:

The guy sorted it out and gave it back to me yesterday night to try it out, and luckily it's raining cats and dogs out here. Floods everywhere and so far so good :rotfl:

Some small Maintenance is required which I found:

1- Airbag sensor gone bad
2- Brake Disks need grinding down
3- Tires need replacement (no big deal, got 20's coming in so need to be changed anyway)
4- Weak tie rod
5- Change the Transfer Case, Transmission, and Differential Oils
6- Windshield wipers :rotfl:

I'm gonna give him a buzz after work and see how far he'll go down on the price. Just tell him buddy, the Car still requires some amount of work and need a discount :lipsrsealed:! I did get it for a great price and what I love is that it's a V8 with 4WD. Most of the denali's I saw around was the AWD version and can't really control the 4WD.

What's coming for the Denali:

1- Fix her up - Due
2- Spacers and Leveling Kit - Next Month
3- 20" Boss 16 Rims (275-55-20's) - Due after getting 2
4- Remove Door trims and Resonator - Due
5- Remove the running boards (I hope, always had a problem getting those off because my wife will use it at least 2-3 times a week and with a 2 yr old that is stubborn as a mule that prefers like to climb in than be carried lol)
5- PCM4LESS tune - later
6- Headunit - later

Still haven't got the chance to take any Decent pictures. I picked it up yesterday night and my wife is driving it around to test it since i'm stuck at work LOL! I'm driving her 07 Ibiza for now. :frown:

I'll definitely snap some pics over the weekend and in terms of the size of lift and rim setup i'm kind of looking for something like this. It's not a serious offroad look but I never found anyone to wheel with here so the most I do is go to the beach and crawl over sidewalks now :mad:

http://gmtnation.com/f39/rim-tire-suspension-setup-56/ check Post # 11 by Jovo

So wish me luck with this :smile: Once the Envoy is officially mine, i'll be moving all of this to my Build Page! :biggrin:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Look forward to the pics! Never hurts to ask to come down in price.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: IIRC the Denali running boards also serve as rocker panels below the doors. So would you be buyin new rocker panels to bolt on as well? If you were stateside, you could make a pretty penny selling the Denali boards.

66_4.JPG

4485_cc0640_001_67U.jpg

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Yay...your back :thumbsup: Welcome to the Denali world. Can hardly wait to see yours come together with the mods you have planned. Your 2 yr old gonna love the DVD player. Did the seller give you the extras like 2 wireless headphones and a remote, an air pump hose with gauge, rear cargo cover and cargo net. Some peolple take it out. Mine was missing the 2 headphones but the dealer ordered them in for me, ended up with a extra remote because it comes as a kit. Hope to see some pics soon.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: IIRC the Denali running boards also serve as rocker panels below the doors. So would you be buyin new rocker panels to bolt on as well? If you were stateside, you could make a pretty penny selling the Denali boards.

66_4.JPG

4485_cc0640_001_67U.jpg

Hey buddy Umm wasn't really planning on getting rocker panels but now that you bring it up, I think it would be a good idea to keep the Denali ones :biggrin: They don't hang down so low like the stock LTZ TB that I had!

Denali n DOO said:
Yay...your back :thumbsup: Welcome to the Denali world. Can hardly wait to see yours come together with the mods you have planned. Your 2 yr old gonna love the DVD player. Did the seller give you the extras like 2 wireless headphones and a remote, an air pump hose with gauge, rear cargo cover and cargo net. Some peolple take it out. Mine was missing the 2 headphones but the dealer ordered them in for me, ended up with a extra remote because it comes as a kit. Hope to see some pics soon.

Great to be back Bro! No the guy never handed me any headphones or anything :mad:, nor the air pump. I'm not sure about the Cargo cover and Net I don't think I saw it but will double check that today. I had them in the TB, and was nice to have! I'll definitely put it on my list to buy if not there lol! :cool: Here are some pix from this morning before going for work, still dirty from the storm and floods :wootwoot:

I'll be taking more pics after giving it a good wash and shampooing on the inside during the weekend. :biggrin:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Quick update on this the project is canceled Cuz of the transmission problem. Returned the voy and the seller refunded my money.

Gotta another ride for my wife and I'll soon be in the market for a GMT

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online