FOR SALE 04 V-8 Envoy 4 sale

aaserv

Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Wish someone would come down here to Louisiana and grab this thing .....Before I do! Pretty Nice condition. front seats have heavy wear but from there on back it looks like its hardly ever been sat in. Not a stripped model , has the all the buttons on the steering wheel, panasonic DVD in the roof. Memory seat postions etc. Not sure about a Bose system. Doesnt have Rear air shocks and didnt come with them.
Appears to have a good bit of work done recently. I see new radiator, new coils. Lot of freshly tightened bolts underneath leads me to believe the transmission has been out recently. Could be a good thing....could be bad!! Motor has a slight lifter tap on passenger side and not the kind that goes away after a few seconds like mine. The heads have recently been off , rebuilt or replaced ....possibly junkyard parts maybe? With the lifter tap I wouldnt think someone had rebuilt them and reused the old lifters but who knows.. Looks like an aftermarket fan clutch that hasnt been on it long either.
I havent driven yet, they just bought it at Auction last week. Read the carfax, it was decently maintained in its early years. Doesnt look like it was anywhere around here during the flood of 2016.
No rust anywhere for you Yanks who have never seen such a thing on a 17 yr old car...lol

Seriously if anybody is interested these are rare birds these days. Going to need a little love put in it but looks worthy of you affections (money). Im sure we can get him off that price by a good bit although the used car market around here is really tight right now..
Today is 8-21, Early next week if nobody shows interest Im going to low ball him and see what happens....PLEASE somebody come get this thing before that! I got nowhere to put it and still have my own 03 that isnt finished yet... I dont need it but these cars are like Crack to Me...I cant resist it!!! Mods feel free to delete this by the 1st of the month. Itll be in my backyard if nobody else's by then...
6C5B0330-0F9A-4331-85B4-CD776F519237.jpeg281907D8-3375-48D0-92F3-1B1D7CED8421.jpeg0C8C17CF-D777-42E6-9806-352183C06674.jpegEDD4A90E-9F9D-412A-A590-AB991FA7582A.jpeg

Reactions: LovingmyXUV

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I guess you don't want anybody to buy it as you didn't post a link to it :laugh:

And it's pre-AFM too. I know @TollKeeper would have been interested before he bought his Esky.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
LWB.. I think.

Reactions: Jakers

aaserv

Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Its at 1 of those Pop up used car lots .....here today gone when the next rent is due. no website... Anyone interested can msg me here and Ill get you their info. Ill probably go drive it in the next few days and try to post a video

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
That Bonneville in the back has my interest thou.. If its a SC SSEi

But I doubt I could do anything.. Momma is gonna pop any day now.

• Wow
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
LWB.. I think.
If it's got that rear cargo shelf, it's a LWB. And you can see the 3 set of headrests.

Don't really know the US market, however, at that price ($5200CAD), mileage had better be low, even with a perfect body to sell here but then again, the car market, new and used, is stupid crazy right now, especially in the US.

Reactions: mrrsm

aaserv

Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Its the long wheelbase and yes its way overpriced. According to carfax it has close to 260,000 miles.
But with the market the way it is around here, new car lots are virtually empty except for top of the line models and pickups, 1 million new people who are arriving daily by foot. Whats bad is some poor soul with a bunch of kids will buy the thing since there is not a mini van to found anywhere.
It needs a LOT of work to be a dependable everyday vehicle. Id venture to say it cant be driven a week in its current condition with the heat we have here right now and thats just from looking at it......if the tranny was redone in one of the hundreds of shit hole shops we have down here it may not even make it off the lot!
The belt you can see in the pics is going to snap any minute, the ABS light is on, the A/C blows much colder on the passenger side than the drivers so its low on freon for sure. Just from looking at it Id guess the last owner ran it hot and blew a head gasket and somebody bought it off the auction lot. They did elcheapo repairs to get it functional and brought it right back to the auction lot where these people got it.
I think its got potential if an enthusiast wanted to drop a couple grand in it but if somebody buys it to daily drive .....well thats y these places are here today gone tomorrow. So they cant be sued for selling a lemon.. Im hoping no family buys this thing and they are stuck with it and I can get it for a couple hundred more than paid at the auction....Probably around $1600 is my guess. Id give them $2100 maybe $2300 tomorrow if the accessories still work and the tranny feels good. Might go to $2500 after I drive it. I could put $2000 in it and get $5500- $6500 for it. But I really dont want to flip it. Id really like to fix it and sell mine since it has a lot more features than mine does...or keep them both which is the more likely scenario.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check to see if the red wire was connected at the fuse box. This would indicate it towed heavy using electric brakes.

At that mileage and history, I would walk away. I personally wouldn't need another project and lord knows I overpaid for my last one (the Avy) and it didn't even have that much mileage (~160k miles). Nothing super major but just death of my wallet and patience by 1000 small and medium cuts. Which is why I'm looking at possibly buying a new Sierra but then that's also an expensive proposition.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online