NEED HELP 04 TB EXT, Rear HVAC Actuators, New Not Working

jeff04tbext

Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I had to replace the Rear Actuators. Not getting power to operate. Fan comes on in 4-5 minutes after switch is in run or started. Should I remove fuses with battery connected as you suggested for the Front Vent mode actuator? Or, please advise me on Rear Actuators for initial start up. I currently have the Neg battery terminal off and, the 2 HVAC 30 amp fuses removed and the 2 HVAC 10 amp fuses removed that are under the seat. Any info on New Actuator initial start up would be greatly appreciated. It's HOT AS #%$@&% down here in south AL.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So what do you mean you're not getting power? I remember when my actuators were broken, it would "click, click, click" for a minute or so and then the fan would come on. Disconnecting the battery should have done the initialization to both front and rear systems.

When the fan does come on, does it blow cold air? Or hot? Did you replace all actuators?

BTW, I was never able to fix my rear system. Just pulled the plugs off the noisy actuators.

jeff04tbext

Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Birmingham, AL
So what do you mean you're not getting power? I remember when my actuators were broken, it would "click, click, click" for a minute or so and then the fan would come on. Disconnecting the battery should have done the initialization to both front and rear systems.

When the fan does come on, does it blow cold air? Or hot? Did you replace all actuators?

BTW, I was never able to fix my rear system. Just pulled the plugs off the noisy actuators.
The fan originally stopped working, determined it was the Fan Motor Resistor. Replaced it. Vent Mode Actuator had gears broken because the vent door was stuck. The ac/heat Actuator was clicking loudly so I replaced it also. There is voltage to the motor and the Resistor. The Grey Wire out of Resistor has Voltage. My next step is to check and see if the Actuators are actually getting voltage, unless someone has a better place to start in narrowing down the issue. Keep in mind, though the actuators are not working, the fan still comes on after 4-5 minutes. As for cold/hot air, don't know because I still have the fan disconnected from the housing and simply laying there. Since I have $220 in parts, I would like for it to work correctly. However, If I manually set vent doors to get Cold Air out of top vents I'll be satisfied. ANY IDEA'S are greatly appreciated....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online