NEED HELP 04 GMC ENVOY XUV Lift issues

Frost

Original poster
Jan 22, 2019
Chicago
Hello to all! I need a suspension expert to tell me what am I doing wrong! I have an 04 GMC Envoy XUV that I am lifting 2.5 inches. I've flipped the upper control arms. The springs are super close to the steering arms and I cannot get the right side upper ball joint to seat in? please HELP!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Which lift kit?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The ball joints, in general, are a pain in the ass to install on these vehicles. You just have to keep working it until it seats squarely, and get it in there.

Im not sure what could possibly be the problem on why the spring is sitting so close to the tie rods. I would have to see a pic of before and after. If you did the Kit with the spacer sitting on top of the spring perch, it should be the same, unless its rotated wrong.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Motofab is the problem. Its one of those bolt on top death lifts. You made the strut assembly too long. Throw that dangerous shit away or return it.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

matermark

Nov 3, 2020
Niagara Falls NY
Motofab is the problem. Its one of those bolt on top death lifts. You made the strut assembly too long. Throw that dangerous shit away or return it.
@HARDTRAILZ: Don't all the lift kits bolt on top of the strut? Is there something else? I bought 3 or 4 different cheap kits, some F & R, some just Front, all similar, but different advertised lift amounts...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nope. There's the one that has a spacer that goes between the spring and the perch inside the strut.

However, there is also the Bilstein 5100 struts that are adjustable that can lift the front by up to 2.25". If you also happen to need some front struts, these would be a good option. The rears by themselves don't lift but can accommodate a 1" lift there using a spring spacer.

I installed the rears without a lift and can say that they are very good shocks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: matermark

matermark

Nov 3, 2020
Niagara Falls NY
Nope. There's the one that has a spacer that goes between the spring and the perch inside the strut.

However, there is also the Bilstein 5100 struts that are adjustable that can lift the front by up to 2.25". If you also happen to need some front struts, these would be a good option. The rears by themselves don't lift but can accommodate a 1" lift there using a spring spacer.

I installed the rears without a lift and can say that they are very good shocks.
Thanks! I saw them on trailvoy and asked if they accommodate vehicles w/lift or if they actually add lift but got no reply. Everything gets goofy with the G67 too, different shocks even when stock, so must check the lengths. I think the G67 shocks are longer or have more travel. You would think that would be a beneficial shock for off-roaders.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online