03 trailblazer bose system wire diagram ...please help!!!!

mexico415

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Hi ..im upgrading the stock head unit from my 03 trailblazer w/ bose systems. ..for a stock 05 trailblazer navigation stock unit
I need the wire diagram for the amp and the stock wire harness...please help...

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Can someone confirm/deny, I was under the impression the Bose amp couldn't be used with a non-Bose unit? Different connectors or pin-outs or something? I also thought that there would be more than just dropping in a nav unit, isn't having the OnStar module a requirement?

As for the actual diagrams, we have everything you need in the Technical Discussion page. There's a link up top that says "Need service manuals? Get them here!" by Mooseman, he generously hosts these so we may have them available. They are all Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files, there's several packages to choose from, grab the package(s) you need and want and have a ball! I have them all just in case :thumbsup:

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
IllogicTC said:
Can someone confirm/deny, I was under the impression the Bose amp couldn't be used with a non-Bose unit? Different connectors or pin-outs or something? I also thought that there would be more than just dropping in a nav unit, isn't having the OnStar module a requirement?

As for the actual diagrams, we have everything you need in the Technical Discussion page. There's a link up top that says "Need service manuals? Get them here!" by Mooseman, he generously hosts these so we may have them available. They are all Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files, there's several packages to choose from, grab the package(s) you need and want and have a ball! I have them all just in case :thumbsup:

All Navigation headunits are Bose, problem is, 2002-early 2004 had Bose Lux Amps (Class 2), starting sometime in early-mid 2004 Bose amps were non-lux.
I've heard that the 2005 and up Navigation headunits can be interchangeable if you are able to reprogram them for the amp you have.

There a thread with all of the part numbers for each vintage around here somewhere.

IIRC, Onstar is not a requirement.

FYI, I put a 2006 Nav unit in my late 2004 (non-lux) by getting the VIN lock on the headunit reset to my VIN.

FYI, You can always test a headunit you want to buy, just plug in first, then turn key to run without starting, system should function normally, headunit will lock when engine is started and must be unplugged from vehicle to unlock.

mexico415

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Can someone confirm/deny, I was under the impressibypasshe Bose amp couldn't be used with a non-Bose unit? Different connectors or pin-outs or something? I also tdt that there would be more than just dropping in a nav unit, isdiagramng the OnStar module a requirement?

What im doing is putting a 05 navigation stock stereo to a 03 trailblazer bypassing the lux bose amp..but could only make it work the
Mid speaker...not the front doors or rear doors ...I need the radio wire diagram to see if i can make it work...i know theyre run all the way to the stock amp ..but i cant get any signal for the front doors or rear door...whats anybody have the wire diagram ??? Plz help??

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
All drivers are run from the amp. Here's how it works:

In a non-Bose radio w/o rear-seat audio, the head unit outputs four channels, LF, RF, LR and RR, as I'm sure we're all very aware. Now, these four signals travel to their respective locations and do their work.

In a non-Bose w/ RSA, the front outputs are directed to the front speakers, and the rear outputs route through the BCM. If RSA is off, the BCM then relays the audio on to the rear speakers. If it's active, the BCM instead routes whatever the RSA has selected to the jacks instead of along to the speakers.

In a Bose radio, it works differently. Rear-seat audio is a requisite for the Bose option. In this setup, only the LF and RF outputs feed to the amp, to give stereo left and right input. LR and RR are routed to the rear-seat audio on the auxiliary HVAC unit. When the RSA is used, the amp receives a signal to cut power to the rear door speakers, and the head unit outputs whatever is supposed to go to the RSA through the rear outputs.

So, you've already got the Bose setup. Here's the problem:
-If you're going to use a factory radio, it's not suggested to use it to drive Bose speakers directly. For one, Bose speakers use a strange impedance, I believe either 1 or 2 ohms. Some old systems on other vehicles have even had 0.5 ohm Bose speakers, like the Miata.
-It's a mixed bag on whether or not the sound is better. For a factory HU, probably not. Really, if you have a Lux, USE IT!!! From what I understand it sounds amazing, I wouldn't know but I have a non-Lux that sounds very nice (or maybe I somehow got a leftover Lux from the factory). Going back to factory HU straight to the speakers would be a shame, I don't think it could really drive them even without considering impedance.

But, if you're insistent, I'll supply the diagrams. And if you decide to stick with this setup and keep Lux out of the loop, why not offer it for sale in the sale section of the forums? I'm sure there's a few people around here who'd like to get their hands on one and it'd put some money back in your pocket. :thumbsup:

View attachment 32599

View attachment 32600

Attachments

• premwire1.jpg
    premwire1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 192
  • premwire2.jpg
    premwire2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 162

mexico415

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
So even if I replaced the bose amp for aftermarket amp and use the stock bose radio and stock speakers..im not going to be able to make it work????

Am I able to use any pac harness adapter to make it work ...for the 03 trailblazer with lux bose system

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Oh, you can make it work. It just gets difficult to get around the strange impedance Bose tends to use. Running a driver with lower impedance than an amplifier is designed to handle can result in overloading the amplifier circuits in some cases. There's places out there that claim to sell HUs and amps that are compatible with Bose systems, I've never seen one myself just heard about it, so I can't verify.

Using an aftermarket amp to run the Bose drivers may work out, I have no experience on this particular subject, and it would probably sound at least a heap better than trying to run straight from the HU. As you know, the wiring's already been run back there for the speakers so that simplifies some things. I'm sure if you stick around someone else will pop up who can give more answers, and has maybe done this same thing which would be a great help. I thought someone was looking to bypass their Lux a while back in some other thread here, have a look around and see if you can find anything on it.

Not sure on the harness, I'm just a general wire-chaser and logic guy. :raspberry:

And remember - if you get this project completed and decide to ditch the Lux, I'm sure someone around here may be interested in making it worth your while.

mexico415

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Oh, you can make it work. It just gets difficult to get around the strange impedance Bose tends to use. Running a driver with lower impedance than an amplifier is designed to handle can result in overloading the amplifier circuits in some cases. There's places out there that claim to sell HUs and amps that are compatible with Bose systems, I've never seen one myself just heard about it, so I can't verify.

Using an aftermarket amp to run the Bose drivers may work out, I have no experience on this particular subject, and it would probably sound at least a heap better than trying to run straight from the HU. As you know, the wiring's already been run back there for the speakers so that simplifies some things. I'm sure if you stick around someone else will pop up who can give more answers, and has maybe done this same thing which would be a great help. I thought someone was looking to bypass their Lux a while back in some other thread here, have a look around and see if you can find anything on it.

Not sure on the harness, I'm just a general wire-chaser and logic guy. :raspberry:

And remember - if you get this project completed and decide to ditch the Lux, I'm sure someone around here may be interested in making it worth your while.
....thankz. .dude...I think that is a lot of work ...so I have to give up.....shit lost almost like 500...I just gonna keen everything stock.....and try to sell the navigation stereo. ...thankz bro....

crzychrs

Jul 8, 2020
Jacksonville FL
All drivers are run from the amp. Here's how it works:

In a non-Bose radio w/o rear-seat audio, the head unit outputs four channels, LF, RF, LR and RR, as I'm sure we're all very aware. Now, these four signals travel to their respective locations and do their work.

In a non-Bose w/ RSA, the front outputs are directed to the front speakers, and the rear outputs route through the BCM. If RSA is off, the BCM then relays the audio on to the rear speakers. If it's active, the BCM instead routes whatever the RSA has selected to the jacks instead of along to the speakers.

In a Bose radio, it works differently. Rear-seat audio is a requisite for the Bose option. In this setup, only the LF and RF outputs feed to the amp, to give stereo left and right input. LR and RR are routed to the rear-seat audio on the auxiliary HVAC unit. When the RSA is used, the amp receives a signal to cut power to the rear door speakers, and the head unit outputs whatever is supposed to go to the RSA through the rear outputs.

So, you've already got the Bose setup. Here's the problem:
-If you're going to use a factory radio, it's not suggested to use it to drive Bose speakers directly. For one, Bose speakers use a strange impedance, I believe either 1 or 2 ohms. Some old systems on other vehicles have even had 0.5 ohm Bose speakers, like the Miata.
-It's a mixed bag on whether or not the sound is better. For a factory HU, probably not. Really, if you have a Lux, USE IT!!! From what I understand it sounds amazing, I wouldn't know but I have a non-Lux that sounds very nice (or maybe I somehow got a leftover Lux from the factory). Going back to factory HU straight to the speakers would be a shame, I don't think it could really drive them even without considering impedance.

But, if you're insistent, I'll supply the diagrams. And if you decide to stick with this setup and keep Lux out of the loop, why not offer it for sale in the sale section of the forums? I'm sure there's a few people around here who'd like to get their hands on one and it'd put some money back in your pocket. :thumbsup:

View attachment 32599

View attachment 32600

crzychrs

Jul 8, 2020
Jacksonville FL
I want to install a nice jvc kw adv 792 with a 1000watt mono block amp pushing two 12 subs. I have the bose system with rear audio. 02 trailblazer ext ltz. I was going to connect the new head unit as described by its manufacturer. Reading up on this bose system i am not sure how to proceed properly. The diagram links are not working and when i click on the shown images they are not legable. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The diagrams above are working fine. Maybe it's your browser? Try another one.

Are you planning to keep using the Bose system along with the subs? If yes, you could use an interface that works with the Bose amp and just connect your subs to the sub out directly from the HU.

crzychrs

Jul 8, 2020
Jacksonville FL
I was hoping to utilize the entire bose system including the rear seperate headphone jacks if possible. What interface would i need for that?
Thanks for the swift response

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just happened to still be up when you posted :biggrin:

I am partial to PAC Audio. Metra is junk IMHO as I have had several fail. These should fit the bill. Retains everything except Onstar and RSE:

However, if you want to retain the rear seat entertainment, you'll have to fork out the big bucks for this one:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online