03 TB lowered on Eibach Prokit - what shocks?

majormods

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
looking to replace the shocks since mine are gone. I was debating between a few combinations. Beltech Nitro Drop? Beltech Street Performance? Bilstein HD?

any input would be appreciated since I haven't researched much and don't know what most ppl prefer.

Thanks for the input!

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
majormods said:
looking to replace the shocks since mine are gone. I was debating between a few combinations. Beltech Nitro Drop? Beltech Street Performance? Bilstein HD?

any input would be appreciated since I haven't researched much and don't know what most ppl prefer.

Thanks for the input!

do it all the time this is what you need

TBSSowners.com Store - Belltech Trailblazer Drop Strut Set (Powered by CubeCart)

and rear
TBSSowners.com Store - Belltech Street Perf. Shocks For Rear Trailblazers. (Powered by CubeCart)

anything else just ask I lower these trucks a lot.

majormods

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I saw both of those and my buddy with a Silverado recommended the Belltech Nitro Drop but we were both a bit confused as to what the differences were between the nitro drop and street performance. Also, why put one set on the front and a different set on the rear?

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
majormods said:
I saw both of those and my buddy with a Silverado recommended the Belltech Nitro Drop but we were both a bit confused as to what the differences were between the nitro drop and street performance. Also, why put one set on the front and a different set on the rear?

the belltech drop struts are the street performance version as well as the rear belltech shocks. Same series.

majormods

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
NORCAL SS said:
the belltech drop struts are the street performance version as well as the rear belltech shocks. Same series.

so the different part numbers are because.... i can get front/rear nitro drop or i can get front/rear street performance. ur saying to switch it up and use nitro drop in the front and street performance in the rear. See my confusion?

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
majormods said:
so the different part numbers are because.... i can get front/rear nitro drop or i can get front/rear street performance. ur saying to switch it up and use nitro drop in the front and street performance in the rear. See my confusion?

different part numbers because completly different design.

there is no nitro front drop shocks. The rear nitro version stopped being made years ago but people still sell them. Ride quality is much worse thats why I only carry the rear belltech street performance shocks.

There is no nitro front only belltech street performance drop strut.

IN rear you would use the belltech street performance rear shocks.

If you click the link i posted above that is all you would need and you woudl be done.

sidenote putting the stock springs and using the front belltech street performance shocks with no spacers will ride better than your set up right now. The stock springs with the belltech street performance shocks by far is the best ride in front thats why I no longer sell or install springs on these trucks. Waste of time and I just want happy customers.

majormods

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
NORCAL SS said:
different part numbers because completly different design.

there is no nitro front drop shocks. The rear nitro version stopped being made years ago but people still sell them. Ride quality is much worse thats why I only carry the rear belltech street performance shocks.

There is no nitro front only belltech street performance drop strut.

IN rear you would use the belltech street performance rear shocks.

If you click the link i posted above that is all you would need and you woudl be done.

sidenote putting the stock springs and using the front belltech street performance shocks with no spacers will ride better than your set up right now. The stock springs with the belltech street performance shocks by far is the best ride in front thats why I no longer sell or install springs on these trucks. Waste of time and I just want happy customers.

makes sense. I just wanted the Eibach springs to have the vehicle lowered for ease of use. I have a 1 and 5yr old along with a 5'1 gf so it makes life alot easier for them. The gf couldn't even close the rear hatch before. LOL

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
so you know on a stock tb on stock wheels with the belltech 2 front drop struts/3 rear drop springs and rear drop shocks it sits at 31 inches in front from ground to fenderlip and 31.25 in rear from ground to fenderlip. Ride is much better than eibachs also. I found this out 5 year ago when doing a few of them and dropped my account with eibach and sticked with belltech and djm. Especially when my older customers were swapping out to the belltechs and had a much better ride with the rear spring and sat lower.

majormods

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
But i dont wanna buy another set of springs. I just wanna replace the shocks. I like my eibach ride right now, just a tad bit floaty due to the shocks having 60k on em.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
majormods said:
But i dont wanna buy another set of springs. I just wanna replace the shocks. I like my eibach ride right now, just a tad bit floaty due to the shocks having 60k on em.

Thats no problem the shocks in front from belltech will work fine with lowering springs. in rear same thing. LIke i said the link above link is all you need.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
majormods said:
also, as an example... Belltech 9510 Front & Rear Street Performance Shocks $310 for a set of 4.

also, what I am finding during my searches is that the nitro drop strut is only for the rear primarily, not the front. 02-up Chevrolet Trailblazer Struts and Shocks from Belltech at Andy's Auto Sport or Bell Tech 8532 Belltech Nitro Drop 2 Shocks

thats no problem i can beat their price 309 shipped and like i said dont waste money on the nitro 2s. Ive been dropping the tbs for almost 10 years now and have 2 of them myself. Ive been down this road many times before.

btw the 8532 is only the rear shock belltech never made a nitro for the front.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Gotta question norcal, could I just put the belltech (2" drop coils) on and have ur djm a arms on and just have stock struts on instead of the beltech lowering struts? Just a question

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
Gotta question norcal, could I just put the belltech (2" drop coils) on and have ur djm a arms on and just have stock struts on instead of the beltech lowering struts? Just a question

you can do belltech 2 inch springs on yes but

1) the drop struts sit 1/2 inch lower
2) the ride on drops struts with stock springs is better.

majormods

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
NORCAL SS said:
thats no problem i can beat their price 309 shipped and like i said dont waste money on the nitro 2s. Ive been dropping the tbs for almost 10 years now and have 2 of them myself. Ive been down this road many times before.

btw the 8532 is only the rear shock belltech never made a nitro for the front.

so $309 shipped is the street performance on all corners? or street performance front and nitro rear?

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
309 all street performance. I dont use/sell the nitro or nitro 2 anymore.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online