'03 Silverado 4X4 5.3 Automatic code P0740,P0785,P1860

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A bit more info would be useful. Do you mean the shifter won't move? Or do you mean you put it in gear and it doesn't move?

Help us help you with as much info as you can provide.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did the torque converter come out at all when you had them separated? If so, are you sure you got it back in properly? Check this thread and look at the pump tangs when it's not put in right.

The way to tell if it's the pump, pull the top tranny cooler hose, attach a hose to the end and put the other end into a container. Start the engine and see if you have a good steady stream.

Even with the connector disconnected, it will go into a gear as a default mode to get you home.

Westb68

Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Hawaii
yes. the torque converter separated but seemed to lock back into place nicely .. I will check the pump flow if the electrical turns out to be ok.. thanks for the advice! I'll will post whatever i come up with .. So fluid should pump out of the top line if its in park or does it have to be in gear?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also check for codes, which would show up with electrical issues to the tranny.

And correction for the flow check. It's the lower line that goes into the radiator unless you have a connector you can use at the top one from the radiator. Fluid comes out of the top one from the radiator. Just like in this video where it starts:

Video

Reactions: Westb68

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ah yes. I hate that we can't see the title at the top of the thread :duh:

It should still go into limp home mode. Maybe the fuse too. I'd check all the electrical and then flow if still not working.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
For information the 4L60E 20 Pin Plug Connector .... Here is a Color Wiring Diagram showing the PCM Pin-Outs:

The Red Circle Location is where the 20 Pin Plug is situated on the Passenger Side of the 4L60E Transmission. It only requires an "EZ PZ Squeezy" on the Two lined-knurled Flat Tabs ... then it lifts upwards... No Twisting Involved Here:

4L60E20PINELECTRICONNECTOR.jpg

Replacement External 4L60E 20 Pin Connector and Pgtail Harness:

4L60EXTERNALHARNESS.jpg

Westb68

Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Hawaii
Turns out it’s the transmission pump rotor . Who’s a good supplier for transmission parts that will ship to Hawaii ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That kind of part, might have to go to the dealer. Others may chime in.

Westb68

Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Hawaii
Follow up on this thread: I had to had to basically rebuild the transmission pump do to the damage from the torque converter not being set correctly.. The truck is back on the road now! Lesson learned .. Thanks for the input!!
Aloha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online