03 envoy headlight clips

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Sup guys. I'm having a stupid issue and just thought I'd post to see if anyone else has had it. I have the push down clips for the headlights which is a cool feature for these trucks but the drivers side right one will NOT go down to clip the side of the light in. I've made sure it was pushed all the way in. It wont even clip in when I do that one first. Any ideas? Such a dumb but annoying issue lol.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
had that problem on my 03 TB, i think both sides.
i took a long screwdriver, handle end on the clip, and hammered it (lightly) down into place.
you will need that long screwdriver and a block to pry it back up the next time you want to pull the light.

gsf1200m

Dec 15, 2011
Both my passenger side clips are easy, and the drivers side one near the center of the truck. The other one under the fender is very hard to get up and down. I have to bust out some tools to get it to move either way, but it will eventually go.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I had that problem on my Envoy. I had pulled the handle up too far. :duh: There is a protrusion that's supposed to keep it from going up too far and out of the slot.
Remove the light assembly and push the handle down. It may take some taping with a hammer.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Wow under the fender? Are u sure were talking about the same thing lol. Ill try Tue hammer.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
eutechnyx said:
Wow under the fender? Are u sure were talking about the same thing lol. Ill try Tue hammer.

If you're replying to gsf1200m, he has a Trailblazer. They're a bit different than the Envoy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online