03 burb high beam indicator lights up after vehicle is shut off

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
Good day all,
My son brought me his 03 burb with a taillight issue, as that his taillights worked but the trailer taillights did not. fixed that with a jumper. Then he reported to me that the high beam indicator on the dash lights up after the key is shut off and a few moments later the light comes on.... not sure of the indication or if there is a connection with the trailer lights, but the high beam indicator is still coming on. Don't know how long the h/b indicator has been coming on as he does not remember

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The sierra does this too. Iirc it has something to do with the cluster logic. Battery light comes on top sometimes.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Try Disconnecting the Trailer Harness Coupling and see if the HB Indicator Shuts off. That way you can immediately eliminate any suspect, pinched or shorted wiring to the Trailer as the Cause and Origin. There may be an Old TSB floating around out there that can offer an updated repair idea.

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
What happens if you remove the jumper? Will the high beam indicator stay off? And with the indicator light on are the high beams actually on?
it was showing the hb indicator b4 the jumper and is still occurring after the jumper but I did not try disconnecting the trailer harness. I will have to try this next time he brings me the vehicle again

Try Disconnecting the Trailer Harness Coupling and see if the HB Indicator Shuts off. That way you can immediately eliminate any suspect, pinched or shorted wiring to the Trailer as the Cause and Origin. There may be an Old TSB floating around out there that can offer an updated repair idea.
it was showing the hb indicator b4 the jumper and is still occurring after the jumper but I did not try disconnecting the trailer harness. I will have to try this next time he brings me the vehicle again

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online