02 Trailblazer speakers

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Recently bought and know that the only speaker that puts anything out is the left rear. I have been talking to @TollKeeper and if I recall correctly, he said the speakers are known for their problems and my problem is likely just speakers and not radio. I have no idea if the front speakers and the right rear speaker went out at same time, which would lead me to believe it is not speakers, or if they went out one at a time over a period of time. Any thoughts? I know I can swap the rear speakers and see if the actual noise follows to the right side. Thanks in advance.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Do you know if you have Bose or not? Take a peek inside the grille openings in your dash, if there are no tweeters in there, then all your door speakers are the same, and you can move that known good one to the fronts to test and confirm if those speakers are dead too.

Reactions: movietvet

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Not BOSE. Are you saying that the harness plug in to the front and rear speakers are the same, when is not BOSE?

Jexnell

Nov 6, 2021
Pacific Northwest
I just recently upgraded my whole system to Alpine. I still have all the original components. If you want you can have them. Will have to get the head unit unlocked. I think it's a bit of an upgrade over what you may have. It's the Bose sytem from an Envoy Denali six disk in dash changer, amp, subs for front door tweets for dash, 5 1\4 rear door. 20221226_205441.jpg

Whenever your in Portland again, I have to get the amp out of the Denali, it's still in it but not running/ wired up. You may have to do some wiring work. Not sure if they all " meaning the GM360 platform" have the same wiring harness. Of if they are different based on trim lvls.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
@Jexnell, I do appreciate the offer, I really do. She listens to talk radio all day and when we do go on the road trip, we take my 05 Z71. At this point, I hope @Blckshdw answers back about the base stereo system and whether the front and rear speakers do share the same style of harness plug in. I do plan to take the left rear speaker and plug in on the right side and see what happens. I don't have a working front speaker. I am going to be replacing the left front interior arm rest/pull handle and the door check/limiting strap after the 1st when parts get here and I will get a chance to check the left front speaker anyway. Again, @Jexnell, thanks for the offer but gonna see what happens with the base set up.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Nov 6, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Thinking about if one was to pay to get the Bose sytem put in probably better to just go after market at that point. The big problem I had was that subs in doors make for a lot of rattling plastic noise.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Thinking about if one was to pay to get the Bose sytem put in probably better to just go after market at that point. The big problem I had was that subs in doors make for a lot of rattling plastic noise.
With her mainly listening to talk radio thru the day, it just makes more sense to stick with the stock base system. She is 75 and I just turned 70 and lead a pretty boring life. My days of knock out sound systems have passed. But, @Jexnell, thanks for the thoughts and offer.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The speakers are the same front to rear for non-bose systems. You can take your good working speaker, and try it in the other locations to verify speaker issues.

As for taking the radio system that @Jexnell is offering, its not quite plug and play. The wiring is not there for the amp system, and since there is no amp, the radio will power on, but no sound will come out the speakers.

@Jexnell I would be interested in that setup, and at least the radio, if @movietvet doesnt want it.

@movietvet - Another test for you. Open the drivers door, Turn on your headlights with the key off, does sound come out the drivers front speaker for the headlight reminder?

Jexnell

Nov 6, 2021
Pacific Northwest
@movietvet says he don't want it. So all yours if you want it @TollKeeper.

I work 9 to 5 Thursday thru Monday. By time I get off work it's already dark out, so would have to wait till next weeks days off for me to get the amp, that's still in the Denali just not in use, out. I would then ship it all to you and you just pay back the shipping cost.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Not interested in the amp.. Just the rest..

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
PM SENT!

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
These are excellent replacements with a stock sound system and on sale right now for $60 a pair.

Infinity Reference 6532EX EZFit 6.5" Shallow Mount​

Make sure you get the EX and not the IX. EX is shallow mount and will drop right in.

You'll also want to get these wiring adapters @ $8.00 a pair.

Metra 72-4568 Speaker Harness​

Both of these are on Amazon, I didnt provide links in case someone wants to modify this post with affiliate links for gmtnation.

Reactions: xavierny25

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Post the links, the foum will automatically post them as affiliate links..

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
The speakers are the same front to rear for non-bose systems. You can take your good working speaker, and try it in the other locations to verify speaker issues.

As for taking the radio system that @Jexnell is offering, its not quite plug and play. The wiring is not there for the amp system, and since there is no amp, the radio will power on, but no sound will come out the speakers.

@Jexnell I would be interested in that setup, and at least the radio, if @movietvet doesnt want it.

@movietvet - Another test for you. Open the drivers door, Turn on your headlights with the key off, does sound come out the drivers front speaker for the headlight reminder?
I will check that speaker as directed, thanks @TollKeeper.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online