02 trailblazer ext front and rear wiper issues

mo_86_05

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Seems like the trailblazers had wiper issues on my model! My front wiper will work fine on the low or high mode when it is steadily moving, but if i put it on the mode where it has a pause, the front wiper hesitates and sometimes gets stuck in position on the window and i have to turn back to low or high to fix it. Is this part bad and i need new, or can i fix this? Also, the rear sometimes works fine, but a lot of times it moves slowly until it freezes then i have to get out and move it back to the down position. Do i need to replace both of these? Also, dont wanna overpay, so is gmpartsdirect the best place to order from?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
With the front, remove the wiper motor from under the cowl, open it up and wipe the grease off contacts and the big circular contact point. Mine were stuttering in intermittent and that was the fix.

The read sounds like the motor is going to crap out and needs replacement or the is a break in the wiring at the rear hatch that is connecting and disconnecting...start with that first and if the wiring is OK, I'd look at replacing the motor.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Amazon would be a good place to start if your buying parts. Gmpartsdirect usually charges too much for shipping. Beware of Chinese ripoffs on ebay

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Rockauto is my favorite on-line parts place. In this case, they reveal that Cardone makes aftermarket replacements for the front and rear. Their part number listings can also be useful as a reference.

View attachment 21786

Of the two major on-line GM-authorized discount places, as CaptainXL says, GMPartsDirect seems to offer their parts at flat wholesale price, but make their profit on the shipping. I prefer to use parts4chevys.com, who charges a fair profit on the parts and a fair price for shipping. But I only use those for GM parts that can't be found elsewhere.

Since Cardone makes wiper motors, your local parts store should be able to order those if they don't have them in regional stock.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 6

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher