02 Envoy SLT Electrical Issues

CalgaryEnvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
In the last couple weeks I have had a few annoying issues start and I am not sure if they are related.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

1) Driver side heated seat not working (lights still light on switch, just no heat), passenger side still working.

2) Passenger side mirror not working (cannot adjust), driver side still working. (Probably motor)

3) Most Annoying: My brights turn on with right turn signal.

If it helps, she is getting up there, around 170K miles (275K kms)

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do you own a voltmeter and some electrical troubleshooting experience? Do you want find the true root cause, or just statistically what's likely to be bad?

1) Could be a double failure of the seat and back heater grids, although that's unlikely. Could be a loose or oxidized connector. Driver's seats get more use, typically, so it's not unheard of for both to go bad. Take the seat out and check the wiring.

2) I agree. Kool-Vue is a vendor you can find cheap total replacements on Ebay, if you value low cost over perfectly flat mirrors.

3) Probably the multi-function switch itself. There's no other reasonable cross-connect that give that behavior. If you had a meter, you could confirm that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher