02-05 Exhaust Manifold versus 08-09 Exhaust Manifold

redmaro42

Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
interesting to hear, thanks for the followup and pics. Weird that it doesn't match up quite exactly, guess they figured they had to move the o2 sensor anyways so no use in reusing the same downpipe from previous years.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So the 2006 manifold bolts up on pre 06 vehicles, and has no issue with the length of a pre 06 02 sensor's pigtail length?

But the 08+ manifold also requires an 08+ down pipe, unless you have welding equipment due to the extra width compared to the older manifolds? I've been poking around a bit, but can't seem to find the down pipes... Or at least ones that fit the 370s :frown:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
So the 2006 manifold bolts up on pre 06 vehicles, and has no issue with the length of a pre 06 02 sensor's pigtail length?

But the 08+ manifold also requires an 08+ down pipe, unless you have welding equipment due to the extra width compared to the older manifolds? I've been poking around a bit, but can't seem to find the down pipes... Or at least ones that fit the 370s :frown:

You are correct on the 06-07 manifold fitting previous years no problem.

The reason you can't find the down pipe for 08-09 for an ext is because they didn't exist. Ext ceased production in 2006 long before the newest style manifold was born.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:duh: I knew that, I really did. Blaming the vodka... :redface:

On Rockauto, even for 06 and earlier, in the "pipe" section under exhaust says the pipes aren't for EXTs... Gotta love having a bastard child vehicle.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
What is the correct Dorman number for the 06-07 manifold for the SWB? I looked up Dorman 674-869 and Amazon shows it fits the 2007, but Summit racing shows it's application for 2008.

I would like to replace mine with an updated manifold but would like a direct fit.

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Well you can count me in on this issue . Having it looked at on wednesday . Got under the car and you can see the crack so it has to be replaced . Mine should be covered by Isuzu but I have to say in my 40 years of buying cars I have never had a exhaust manifold crack .
Update : Got this fixed and it didnt cost me a penny which was nice . It took them 3.5 hours and they had one broken bolt which they fixed . Big difference in sound, nice and quiet now. Hopefully this will last until I get rid of the vehicle .

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online