00 Jimmy 4x4 vs 04 TB 4x4

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Alright guys do I went to a dealer today to look at a H3 they had for 15,500 but it was sold before I got there. I then saw a 04 TB 4x4 and a 07 97X. The Saab seemed fairly decent but it has been abused a bit :-( and they wanted 16,000 for it. I then looked at the TB which has 93k miles on it and seems to have been taken real good care of except the headliner was loose by the sunroof. They are wanting 10,900 which is on par with bluebook.

So question is should I trade the Jimmy in on the TB? It has some slight starting issues and trany is starting to slip a bit.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I would go over any vehicle with a fine tooth comb. If they offer a decent amount on the Jimmy then it might be a no brainer. However I would look into more options. There are a ton of GMT360's on the market, and while I wouldn't call 93k miles high it is up there. For 10k you can get a slightly newer one with less miles. I love my 04, but for 5k more you can get into a decent SS, or even an Envoy, Rainier, or Bravada. It is all in what you want. Are you looking for financing, I know it is harder to finance a vehicle over 7 years old and with 80-100k miles it is almost impossible.

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
I would go over any vehicle with a fine tooth comb. If they offer a decent amount on the Jimmy then it might be a no brainer. However I would look into more options. There are a ton of GMT360's on the market, and while I wouldn't call 93k miles high it is up there. For 10k you can get a slightly newer one with less miles. I love my 04, but for 5k more you can get into a decent SS, or even an Envoy, Rainier, or Bravada. It is all in what you want. Are you looking for financing, I know it is harder to finance a vehicle over 7 years old and with 80-100k miles it is almost impossible.

Financing is not a problem for me, the Jimmy is actually financed right now and I bought it 2 and a half years ago, and it had 112,000 miles on it.

the cheapest SS near me is 18,000 and I want to keep it a bit lower.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Code Red said:
Alright guys do I went to a dealer today to look at a H3 they had for 15,500 but it was sold before I got there. I then saw a 04 TB 4x4 and a 07 97X. The Saab seemed fairly decent but it has been abused a bit :-( and they wanted 16,000 for it. I then looked at the TB which has 93k miles on it and seems to have been taken real good care of except the headliner was loose by the sunroof. They are wanting 10,900 which is on par with bluebook.

So question is should I trade the Jimmy in on the TB? It has some slight starting issues and trany is starting to slip a bit.

I would tell em you'd buy the tb IF they looked into the tranny issue and fix what's needed. For 10900 I think it'd be a fair thing to do.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Most of the vehicles we have bought have been from out of the area. I have no problem driving 4 hours to go look at a vehicle. It usually results in a better deal, lower miles and just a better overall experience. To many places in my general area sell alot of junk at very high prices, so driving out of area is a must.

It is all in what you are looking for though. You also have a great lender, I tried financing a turbo diesel F-250 with 85k miles on it, price was $16k. I was told the mileage was too high, this was about 3 years ago. Then again, maybe it was because it was a Ford.

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
silvernclean said:
I would tell em you'd buy the tb IF they looked into the tranny issue and fix what's needed. For 10900 I think it'd be a fair thing to do.

The jimmy has the trany issue not the tb, only issue I saw in the tb was the headliner which I'll have them fix.

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Most of the vehicles we have bought have been from out of the area. I have no problem driving 4 hours to go look at a vehicle. It usually results in a better deal, lower miles and just a better overall experience. To many places in my general area sell alot of junk at very high prices, so driving out of area is a must.

It is all in what you are looking for though. You also have a great lender, I tried financing a turbo diesel F-250 with 85k miles on it, price was $16k. I was told the mileage was too high, this was about 3 years ago. Then again, maybe it was because it was a Ford.

Well the nice thing is dealer is one my family has worked with for over 10 years

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
10.9 seems high. I bought my loaded Envoy XUV a little over 14 months ago for that price, and with less mileage.

GMC Envoy

Its an XUV at half that price, near you (what can I say, I have a soft spot for em), but it is higher miles..

2004 GMC Envoy XUV
and
2004 Envoy XUV

A loaded 02 Envoy, with 90k miles.. 6000

2002 GMC ENVOY low miles

Saab 97x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...5613418?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19ce513eea

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-2i...8048303?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4163408a2f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-3i...5253057?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item231ae7c841

http://dayton.craigslist.org/ctd/2870045474.html

Buick Rainier

2004 BUICK RAINIER SUV 4X4

V8
2004 Buick Rainier

Oldsmobile Bravada

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada - WE FINANCE EVERYONE

Chevy Trailblazer

A real cheap one...
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Low mileage 04 for 7k
☆¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸☆2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Automatic White

Low Mileage 05 fo 9k
2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4WD - 76,000 miles

Just saying their are better options out there for that price. Hell for that price I *could* buy 2-3 GMT's..

Your area does seem to overprice their stuff, so you might be better off looking outside your area.

Since it looks like you are wanting to trade, some of these are dealers, but you know you are going to get screwed no matter what since you owe money on it.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I added a bunch more links above (found some good priced Saab's).

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
TollKeeper said:
10.9 seems high. I bought my loaded Envoy XUV a little over 14 months ago for that price, and with less mileage.

GMC Envoy

Its an XUV at half that price, near you (what can I say, I have a soft spot for em), but it is higher miles..

2004 GMC Envoy XUV
and
2004 Envoy XUV

A loaded 02 Envoy, with 90k miles.. 6000

2002 GMC ENVOY low miles

Saab 97x

Saab : 9-7x Saab : 9-7x | eBay

2007 Saab 9-7X ----------------- Romantic

Buick Rainier

2004 BUICK RAINIER SUV 4X4

V8
2004 Buick Rainier

Oldsmobile Bravada

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada - WE FINANCE EVERYONE

Chevy Trailblazer

A real cheap one...
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Low mileage 04 for 7k
☆¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸☆2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Automatic White

Low Mileage 05 fo 9k
2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4WD - 76,000 miles

Just saying their are better options out there for that price. Hell for that price I *could* buy 2-3 GMT's..

Your area does seem to overprice their stuff, so you might be better off looking outside your area.

Since it looks like you are wanting to trade, some of these are dealers, but you know you are going to get screwed no matter what since you owe money on it.

Thanks for the links I'll make sure to look through them, however that last saab is the one I looked at lol it was abused a bit and smelled like maple syrup.

I usually find if I stick around bluebook then I'm not to bad off. I want to try and do a trade in so I don't have two payments while trying to sell the jimmy, and rather not roll the amount i owe into my new loan.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
If you can live with no low range go for the Rainier or the 9-7x both with a 5.3. The 9-7's I think have the styling both inside and out plus there are only two factory options being nav and dvd if you get a v8 version while the Rainier gives you almost everything standard too and v8's are plentiful. The 9-7 gives you factory HID's, a hood strut, the ability to use the nav unit and play a cd at the same time plus the much nicer interior materials (softer materials, plus french stitching and more refined dash and layout) and design and If I go 6 months and I see another one, I'd be suprised. Still have yet to see one since I bought my 9-7 in January. Oh yeah and GM now covers all the warranty work for SAABS 2009 and prior. I got my 9-7 from Ohio and had it shipped to MN since used cars there are quite a bit cheaper than MN given our 5% unemployment rate and bustling economy (the natural rate of unemployment is about 4% so 5% is almost normal while it's well under 5% for college degree holders).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online