“Whole Hog" - Rust Belt - Rear Wheel Brake Job R&R Rip-Outs

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I thought that this Two Part, One Point Seven Five Hour *** “Whole Hog - Rust Belt Rear Wheels Rip Outs” Technique from Eric “O” at South Main Auto is awesome information for SERIOUSLY Rusted and Barnacled Up Rear Brake and Axle E- Brake Brackets and Dust Shields, Emergency Brakes & E-Cables R&R and MUCH MORE (Wheel Bearing Seals, Too) for the Full Sized GM-GMC Trucks and Vans.

This is some great fun watching him work through this ‘All In’ Brake Job on a Shop Lift and is a nice addition to ALL of these “How Tos...” when you might as well “Go Whole Hog...” on this type of Major Brake & Wheel Hub Repair. He shows off some neat use of his Specialty Tools & Tactics here as well:

Part 1 (About One Hour Long)

Part 2 (About 45 Minutes Long)

*** And as ever… watching a lot of this at 1.5 to 2.0 Xs Speed can save a lot of viewing time if you don’t care about the finer aspects of what Eric is up to here … or your work steeps you in Fleet Repairs on LOTS of Trucks (like @m.mcmillen)

Last edited:
Reactions: m.mcmillen

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
I don't get many of these to work on. We have one ton vans and they have a two piece brake shoe for the parking brake. What I watched of the videos, he seemed very detail oriented.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.