You've helped alot, and now I've joined!

swaffdn

Original poster
Jul 1, 2014
Been reading this forum (and way back when, the "other") for a while now. Got a 2005 TB LT about 3 years ago from the in-laws. Had 75k and gave us a good deal. Thanks to the generous help on this site, yall've saved us mucho denero. I have a neighbot who's fixes most his own stuff. So with his help and this site, I've come a long way from just chaning my oil, to some much more involved maintenance.

I've diagnosed and changed both motor mounts, now smooth as butter!
I've diagnosed and changed the exhause manifold, quiet as ever (even had to re-tap a few bolts!)
I've changed out the water pump, rear brake light circuit board, and a wierd rubbery button that holds the shifter cable on to the shifter arm.

Knowing with the right tools, enough time, and the right info (thanks GMT!)...it can just about all be done in my garage. Though maybe to the dismay of my wife.

So thanks GMT, my hands have been pretty greasy. TB is at 99K, so I'll be performing the 100k maintenance here soon.

Also, my next thing to diagnose...hum at 45mph:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/11283-wheel-bearings-or-something-else-causing-45mph-hum/

ideas?

-D

Reactions: CaptainKD

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Welcome

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585