WTF is THAT Sound in the Background....?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I was looking for a short Youtube Video that has nothing but "The Sound of Crcikets" to post on a recent One Poster's Request for HELP with his HVAC Problems... but after trying to answer all of his detailed questions... he never came back to say, "Hello...Good-Bye...GFY..." Nothing...Nada... ZIP! So I thought I would drop in an amusing "Cricket" video to emphasize the point in a funny manner.

But..............................................

When I opened up and played THIS "Ten Hours of CRICKETS" from Youtube... It completely Creeped me OUT! At first.. as I listened to see if it was truly just 10 Hours of the sounds of crickets and other noisy nocturnal insects... I could hear something else after the first minute...something hoarse and whispering in the background and I thought "Has somebody got a Radio turned on outside...?" I listened much more closely... and then I realized that their was a kind of scary voice in sonic underlay coming through that if you actually, deliberately try to understand what is being said... it will make your skin crawl...! So please ... if you are going to listen to this damned thing... make sure you have No Kids or Family around, as it could be extremely disturbing to them. I cannot recommend listening to this for more than the time it takes to actually begin to hear the undertone of the voice... and then I think it would be wise and best to stop listening.

This Sh*t is very much reminded me of an experience I had when I was in my late teens. One afternoon, my sister and her best friend were playing around with a OUJI Board and they asked me to sit in with them. Yeah I know... At the time, I thought it was just some ridiculous nonsense, too... right up until we wrote out the following stream of letters:

"ETERNITYRIDESWITHVERYFEWSLOWDOWNJOEBAILEY"

My sister deciphered the message and upon realizing it was meant for me, she read it aloud and started to cry...

"Eternity Rides With Very Few... Slow Down" ... Joe Bailey

The reason she so upset was because earlier that week...She knew that the FHP had stopped me for speeding down 17-92, just West of Daytona Beach Florida, doing 110 MPH in a 70 MPH Zone in my Red Ford Fairlane. The State Trooper had cited me on the spot... threatening to keep my license and arrest for me being "So Dangerous ...and So Stupid". My sister also remembered that back when I was 12 years old, I was invited by our neighbour ... Joe Bailey ... to join The Islander's Drum and Bugle Corps. And shortly afterwards... Joe was killed while driving his Red Ford Falcon that ran off the road on a dark and cold December night way back in 1961. He lost control...probably on Black Ice and struck a tree... right off of the Merrick Road and was killed instantly. He was a much loved member of The Islanders... Tall and Handsome with an easy smile and gentle manner about him. He has a contemporary Doppelgänger in the Actor Ewyn MacGregor ...if it helps you to picture and imagine what he looked like in life.

After the OUIJI Board Incident... My sister was damned near a nervous wreck during the week that followed...and I swear... I actually did not speed for many years after this happened... so while I have my own sense of what it means to be Spiritual... I could not deny the reality of what happened as being completely inexplicable; making me wonder off and on during my long life..."What ever happened to the soul of a 24 year old Second Class Petty Officer; freshly mustered out of the Navy... just long enough to die as a victim of his own Drunk Driving while coming home from The Annual Islanders Drum and Bugle Corps Christmas Party?"

During my demanded attendance at his long Funeral.... He was the first dead person I had ever seen... but certainly not the last one in my company and responsibility to look after, considering my career as homicide detective later in my adult life. But his death had just about broken my 12 year Old tender spirit as young kid. I'm not a religious man... by any stretch of the imagination... but from time to time, I have asked The Almighty...

"May God Rest Joe Bailey's Sweet Soul..."

So please... Be very careful while listening to this... but not for too long after the first minute; perhaps just long enough to confirm or eliminate my impressions of what these "scary sounds" really are... And by the way...if you happen to own or have an Old OUJI Board around the house.... Get RID of it by BURNING IT:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
67738730.jpg

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
you-use-an-ouija-board-a-lot-you-must-be-an-expert-on-the-paranormal.jpg

Facebook-d4a469.png

9b6e3cb9652f31eaa9807c4386654bce4fd925103639c06f3aa35d3165be8ec8_1.jpg

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I dont hear nothing but crickets and birds and an elephant. Even put my phone up to my ear.

Uh---Ohhh... I hope THIS isn't happenin' to The Old Man!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Listened for a while, I do hear background noise, thought I even heard cartoons playing.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
It did sound like a whisper. I'm terrible at decoding things though.

Also you reminded me that the wife is ascared of them ouija boards. Maybe the whisper was telling me to exploit her fear of them.

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And surprisingly, that video has had over 500k views. Could be useful in winter time.

Oh year, heard nothing but crickets.

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
Didn't hear anything... cranked it up, slowed it down, still nothing. Reading the YT comments no one else picked up on anything either

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Maybe a slight scratching sound like somebody wearing jacket moving there arms to close to the mic, thats about it, I don't need to play no internet video for crickets I can hear them outside right now.

Reactions: mrrsm

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It was a ceiling fan and a bath robe rippling in the airflow

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.