Wiperblade Reccomendation Rear - 04 TB 4x4 LT I6

webdawg

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Anyone want to recommend a wiper-blade that sits well on the rear? The last one I purchased was destroyed by the seat/where it sits.

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
Anyone want to recommend a wiper-blade that sits well on the rear? The last one I purchased was destroyed by the seat/where it sits.
On my previous 05 Rainier I upgraded to the newer style rear blade and seat. At rest, it also keeps the blade a little further away from the vehicle; thus not getting as much melted ice accumulation. It's also nicer looking and seeming stronger. My 08 Saab came with it so I think it is standard on 07's and newer.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I believe he's talking about the actual (replaceable) blade itself, not the arm. :twocents:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I used a RainX beam blade on mine.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
For the back, I use the cheapest blades I can find on ebay. For the fronts, I usually go with Bosch Icon, Michelin, or RainX -from ebay. I'm not really too concerned if I get minor water-streaks on the back window from cheap blades.

The last set of Bosch Icon blades I had on my Envoy were purchased on ebay for about $18 per pair, shipped. Good deals are out there, you just have to find them.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
We replaced the oem rear wiper on the envoy with the cheapest one at autozone. Works fine.

webdawg

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
The only reason I am asking this is that it does not seem like the wiper blade fits into the slot on the back. A regular wiper blade seems to sit messed up.

Something like that Rain-X beam because it is thinner, I would think would fit better but it was not in the wiper blade recommendations list in the fitment guide at Walmart.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I still have my OEM blade :blinkhuh:. Its almost time to replace it....don't think it can hang on much longer...lol....but still works. I do like the newer style arms.

Reactions: littleblazer

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I would think would fit better but it was not in the wiper blade recommendations list in the fitment guide at Walmart.

The only thing that matters is the length of the blade, and the attachment method for the blade to the arm.

I know on the fronts, some members have gotten slightly longer blades than OEM, to cover more of the windshield, haven't heard of anyone doing that on the rear, but you could if you wanted to.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You can't go longer on the rear due to the handle. I actually went an inch shorter to miss the handle.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online