Wiper Blades for 2005 Envoy SLT

pmsmith2032

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Chicago
What are the best blades for a 2005 Envoy SLT? I don't want to spend a fortune but want something that works well and lasts long. Thanks!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have always been partial the the Rain-X wiper blades. They work well, but I replace them every spring. You could use them longer than a year though. They are around $12 each at Walmart.

Reactions: Matt

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I got nearly 3 years out of a set of Michelins. Can't remember which specific type it was, they were meant to go on the vehicle I ended up trading in for my TB and lo and behold they were the same size I needed. I've got Rain-X now, they're not too bad. They aren't going to make you feel like you bought the Monster Cable of wiper blades, but they shouldn't shred out too quickly either.

Reactions: dmanns67

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Rain-x has never treated me too well. I'm thinking maybe because of the baking sun in Alabama and the lack of use, it don't rain much here. But I've just decided to buy the cheapest ones and deal with replacing them more often.

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I have Bosch Icons on my Envoy and they're easily the best wipers I've ever had.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
I run the rain-x latitude wipers on my envoy. I have ran the regular summer style blades before and they were great, I got 5 years out of them for just summer time use from spring to fall and they were on my old car before I bought my envoy.

I ran the bosch icon's and hated them. I had them in for a year and they started getting pit marks in them and leaving streaks. I ditched them for the rain x wipers.

My dad uses some michelin hybrid wiper blades that he uses all year round. They are like summer blades with a plastic cover on them to protect the metal arms from freezing in the winter time. His have been great and never freeze or leave streaks.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Mounce said:
Rain-x has never treated me too well. I'm thinking maybe because of the baking sun in Alabama and the lack of use, it don't rain much here. But I've just decided to buy the cheapest ones and deal with replacing them more often.
Family Dollar has ones by Blue Coral (the guys who make the carpet shampoo, too). Never tried them, nor do I know anyone who has. But if you're willing to guinea pig.... :rotfl:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
IllogicTC said:
Family Dollar has ones by Blue Coral (the guys who make the carpet shampoo, too). Never tried them, nor do I know anyone who has. But if you're willing to guinea pig.... :rotfl:
Haha I'm good for a while now. I don't think I've even been in the family dollar here, I didn't know they had stuff like that. But maybe, just maybe, I'll be the Guinea pig next time I need some.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I believe I have DuraMax blades on my TB. I'm not certain that that's right...I'll look in the morning and write back. What ever they are, they are the best blades I have seen; especially with Colorado's bi-polar weather cycle.

02TrailBlazer

Jan 22, 2013
I've got Bosch Evolutions on now, no complaints at all about these over Icons other than that the look a little different. I've had Rain-X's best and preferred the Bosch Icons but wipers are all about what you use them for, I try to put a nice set on for the summer (Icon's, Lattitudes, whatever) and then put a traditional style wiper on for winter/mud and stuff because neither the Rain-X or the Bosch's last long on any kind of abrasive material.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod