Which Remote Starter

Butcherman

Original poster
Dec 30, 2011
Hi all,
I just moved over from the other forum. Am looking to have a remote starter installed in my 07 LS trailblazer. I am in my sixties and want to start my vehicle from inside in this winter weather. I am looking for one that does keyless entry and also lets me know if car is started. I am retired so looking for a good but inexpensive one :smile:

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
Having a LCD display seems to add to the price a bit. Just something to think about if you were looking for something on the cheaper end.

You also need to consider if you want keyless entry and/or an alarm with it.

A lot of us have recommendations, but they are going to vary wildly in price.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Butcherman said:
I was thinking around 300 to 400. would like keyless entry.

I've seen the Viper 5301 advertised locally for $300/installed. That price doesn't include the doorlock/passlock interface that our trucks require for aftermarket keyless/remote start, so including that, your total would be somewhere in the low $400 range. The 5301 includes (one) two way remote (with remote start confirmation) and (one) one way remote. That will give you remote start and keyless. It does not have an alarm, however the OEM security system will still be fully functional.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I just installed this one in a Saturn.

Not too difficult and seems to work well.

The "Boss" likes it

Autostart

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I've got the Viper 5901. I used to have an AutoPage unit, but that was loaded with problems.

It also depends on where you are having it put in. Viper won't honor a warranty unless it is installed by an authorized installer.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I have the excalibur AL-2030-EDPB system. Pretty cool system!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah