where to find festoon adapter/ led panel in green

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
ive looked several places and have it on good authority that other people on here have it, and would like some information as to a source for it. NVM found one!

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
MAY03LT said:
Well where did you find it? TELL US!:raspberry::wootwoot:

my bad!

16 LED Board Light Bulb w T10 Festoon BA9S Adapters for Interior Dome Map Green | eBay

under the other part section on the full description it says it fits 212 bulb slots...but I'm guessing that it will be bright enough to need sunglasses at night, compared to the green bulbs I got, but I kind of intentionally did it that way. so the map lights are not as bright as the trunk light. I figure the trunk light is for actually looking for stuff in the trunk, but the map lights are for looking for something while driving at night, or at least that's my use of them.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Thanks man! While I was looking for pics of the 212-2 to post in your other thread, I found a pic from when mine were blue. I later went to white but since one or two went out I am thinking of changing them up again. Let us know what you think of the new ones.:cool:

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
I will when I get them all in the mail, which according to ebay should be Monday. wont be able to install them til Tuesday before work, and when I get out of work, ill try to remember to take some pics with the iphone flash off. unless working at the gas station is slow, in which case as soon as the lights go down ill go take some. does anybody have a better way than a flat tip screw driver to get the light housings down? greatly appreciated!

oh and instead of going with a green hulk theme, im thinking of going with a green hornet meets maine idea.

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
MAY03LT said:
Thanks man! While I was looking for pics of the 212-2 to post in your other thread, I found a pic from when mine were blue. I later went to white but since one or two went out I am thinking of changing them up again. Let us know what you think of the new ones.:cool:

LOVE THEM!!!! I have been officially bitten by the LED bug!:yes:

im thinking the green 194 bulbs, are going to be replaced by LEDs with a 194 fitting. the trunk light is awesome, but the map lights im thinking will be replaced shortly...waiting til it gets a little darker to see how they light up. I would however suggest if you would like to see the color through the tint on the back three windows, you should go for a panel that has more than 16 LEDs on it.

Thanks to all of those that pointed me in the right direction!

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
do not stare into the LEDs and then expect to be able to see the reverse lights at night!...:cool:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Quick question about running leds in the interior...does the delayed interior light shut off still work like it did with the incandescent bulbs?

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
Darkrider_LS said:
Quick question about running leds in the interior...does the delayed interior light shut off still work like it did with the incandescent bulbs?

the bulbs that I got for the map and dome lights were just regular 194 bulbs painted green, not LED. The only LED I added was the in the "trunk space". It operates the same way that the regular bulbs worked. you can put them all on at once, or you can make them only go on when the doors open. if it wasn't raining, I would try to take a picture to show you guys on here.

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
MAY03LT said:
the two angles of the pictures, were from the review mirror, and then sitting in the drivers seat taking a picture of the dome/map light over the passenger window. again, not the best pics, but I am going to switch the green 194 bulbs to LEDs, for the brightness factor.

Attachments

• DSC00077.jpg
    DSC00077.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00078.jpg
    DSC00078.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Going to look good, I guarantee you will switch to white in the future though. Also I though you were talking about the spider bulb in my reverse light. Also have the feeling you will be sliding those into the second slot and getting some CREE ones or a set of spiders for the reverse. I had them in and while they are bright, our housing does not reflect the light from the SMD's on the sides very well. For brake lights they are wonderful (dont forget the top bulb is SRCK, unless you mod the boards), they light up like the new years ball, but I found for the reverse either a set of CREE, or something with more SMD's facing back give you the most output. Also the reason I have about 5 sets of random LED bulbs sitting in my electronics tool box.

I went with these for my interior and license plate lights

8 SMD T10 Canbus LED Bulb 2 PCS - White

Different brand, but same concept most LED's facing down.

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
Going to look good, I guarantee you will switch to white in the future though. Also I though you were talking about the spider bulb in my reverse light. Also have the feeling you will be sliding those into the second slot and getting some CREE ones or a set of spiders for the reverse. I had them in and while they are bright, our housing does not reflect the light from the SMD's on the sides very well. For brake lights they are wonderful (dont forget the top bulb is SRCK, unless you mod the boards), they light up like the new years ball, but I found for the reverse either a set of CREE, or something with more SMD's facing back give you the most output. Also the reason I have about 5 sets of random LED bulbs sitting in my electronics tool box.

I went with these for my interior and license plate lights

8 SMD T10 Canbus LED Bulb 2 PCS - White

Different brand, but same concept most LED's facing down.

I was asking about the spyder LEDs you had as result as your reverse lights, but the price on these were half of the price of the spider bulbs. we'll see how they look, and if they don't pan out, i'll put the regular 3157 bulbs back in until I get enough scratch to spring on a set for the two bulbs for the brakes and the directionals, and then get the spider leds for the reverse lights. and when you refer to "the second slot" are you referring to the directional slot?

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
daddyx2 said:
hey blazin,

would this set work for the reverse, as well as the brake bulb housing? thanks.

4X T25 3157 24 LED Car Tail Reverse Signal Light Lamp Wedge Bulb 12V White US | eBay

IMO save up and pay the extra for some SMD's or CREEs. While they will work, I have never had good luck with the bulbs that use the standard LEDs. The barrel kind that you put up for the reverse would be ideal for the brake sections. What I referring to as "second slot" was the center brake light bulb, the top one is SRCK. I was also referring the modified boards that add quad brake lights.

Be patient man, I know the feeling when it comes to mods.

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
IMO save up and pay the extra for some SMD's or CREEs. While they will work, I have never had good luck with the bulbs that use the standard LEDs. The barrel kind that you put up for the reverse would be ideal for the brake sections. What I referring to as "second slot" was the center brake light bulb, the top one is SRCK. I was also referring the modified boards that add quad brake lights.

Be patient man, I know the feeling when it comes to mods.

I sad part is I might have been alright, if I didn't have to spend a half a tank driving around to different dealerships trying to find auto trac ii...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online