Where did GM Hide the 05-on Fuel Pressure regulator on the Trailblazers?

Tmn8tr

Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
I'm at it again. This time I am replacing the Fuel Pressure regulator, The only problem is I can't find the dang thing!
My "Haness" manual shows it to the right of the intake resonator box mounted to the side of the Cylinder head. Mine is not there. I got back to the book and notice that it says: 05- on T. B. has a returnless fuel system and the FPR is located "in the corner of the engine compartment, by the A/C lines." The picture shows removing the upper and lower airbox/ washer fluid reservoir. I tear into the project again, removing everything in the passenger side corner of the engine compartment, and big surprise, only find A/C lines, and heater hoses! Is it because it's an EXT? I trace the lines to the back on the p-side of the truck and they are for the rear A/c unit.
I have now wasted the majority of my day off, searching the truck, and the net for answers but I have come up short. Anyone else come across this issue, and replaced it without a trip to the "stealer"?
Timinator

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I don't have the manual for the '05, but I thought the FPR was moved to the gas tank along with the fuel filter in 2005.
Others will jump in soon.

Tmn8tr

Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Wooluf1952 said:
I don't have the manual for the '05, but I thought the FPR was moved to the gas tank along with the fuel filter in 2005.

-I replaced the fuel pump a few months back and now I'm racking my brain trying to remember if I saw it, when I was down there. Thanks for your input.
>T

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I'll give this a bump to see if anyone can confirm.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:

Yes, There is not an external FPR. Because it is a "returnless" system the pressure is regulated inside the FP Module.
Also, An external fuel filter was not used, the only filter is in the tank attached to the FP Module.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86