Wheel and tire size 305/30/26

Blazin'05LT

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Hey everyone, I've been looking for a set of wheels. I like them big and chrome. I have an 05 TB LT 4x4. There's a set on the local Craigslist, 26x9 or 10, (owner wasn't sure of the width) with 305/30/26 tires that came off a Yukon Denali that are 6 lug universal. Would anybody know if these would fit with some sort of modification? I know that those front upper ball joints would probably be hitting the tires. Would spacers work? Are 305's to wide? Could I buy skinnier tires? Any help, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Blazin'05LT;248955 said:
Hey everyone, I've been looking for a set of wheels. I like them big and chrome. I have an 05 TB LT 4x4. There's a set on the local Craigslist, 26x9 or 10, (owner wasn't sure of the width) with 305/30/26 tires that came off a Yukon Denali that are 6 lug universal. Would anybody know if these would fit with some sort of modification? I know that those front upper ball joints would probably be hitting the tires. Would spacers work? Are 305's to wide? Could I buy skinnier tires? Any help, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated, thanks guys.

With spacers and mods, anything is possible. More guys lift than lower, at least the build threads show this, and there is a "will it fit" thread here too.

Those tires are over 33" tall. How wide the rim is will depend on spacer size with 305s.

You'll need some work to get those to fit. Cutting some too. Adapters for lugs are easy to find. Don't cheap out.

Your brakes will look silly small with 26s. Get some 22s? Checkout Fr34kout's Denali :twocents:

Edit: sorry I can't find a chart for those who have gone with bigger rims, just rubber.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Blazin'05LT said:
dude you don't want 26's on your tb. The tires are gonna be rubber bands. They aren't gonna absorb any bumps worth a shit. Are you lowered? ? I would imagine the wheels might fit if your stock height but to close to comfort for me. Good luck bro.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I will assume the OP is doing some homework on tires.

Reactions: CaptainKD

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
I will assume the OP is doing some homework on tires.
Rubber bands you mean :undecided:

That would have to be the worst ride quality ever, but I guess you would look good feeling every single bump/hole/crack in the road. I cannot imagine tires for 26" wheels would be cheap considering I spent a grand on tires for 20" wheels. Personally I would not go bigger than 22" wheels on a TB, but thats me.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Just to mention I bent rims and blewout shocks with normal driving on 50series profile tires. Not when I was beating it up but with everyday driving.

Where do you put the spare?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
Just to mention I bent rims and blewout shocks with normal driving on 50series profile tires. Not when I was beating it up but with everyday driving.

Where do you put the spare?
That is another good point. You would have to buy (5) 26" rims with tires. Also the stock bottle jack out not be tall enough to jack the vehicle up to change the tire. Hell I had to upgrade my 2 ton jack to a 3 SUV ton jack because the 2 ton max height was about 1.5"-2" too low for me to install my 20" TBSS wheels and that was with tires that had 4/32 tread left.

Basically there goes the cargo space. (1) 26" rim and tire, 3 ton SUV jack and a piece of wood for the jack (Incase you are not on solid surface). I am sure spares and jacks are an after thought. Then there is cost for suspension modifications, I would assume. Sounds like a lot of money without much gain.

Like you said, stock rotors would look pretty small behind 26" wheels.

shepherd92683

Dec 23, 2012
If one more person calls a wheel "universal"... Does that mean it fits all 9 different 6 lug patterns? Id really like to see that mounting pad :crackup:

Reactions: Pman

shepherd92683

Dec 23, 2012
On the serious side, if it is a 9-9.5" wide wheel, try the 275/25R26 if you want real rubberbands and possibly less modifications.

Blazin'05LT

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
hey, thanks for the replys guys. haven't been on until today, not much time with work and all. but, I ditched the idea of those wheels, they were cheap at the time and they were local. did some homework and bought a set of 22" TBSS reps off ebay with 265 30 tires. mounted them on last month and pretty happy with them. on the other hand, I need to replace the shocks and struts, but on doing so, id like to lower it a bit. a friend of mine said to cut off a coil on the springs but I don't want that. is there a set of springs that will lower it? any suggestions? thanks again.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Sparky

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Take a look at some of the lowering kits for the TBSS, there's a few of those out there that may do what you want. Just make sure what you get is compatible with an AWD SS since they have front CVs just like your 4x4 TB. Some kits I think were just a shorter shock mount arm, but that would interfere with the CV axle.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
NEVER CUT A COIL.

Lookup Belltech. Hit up member norcalss on tbss.com or here maybe. Tony is his name. A lot of happy SS' lowered and they look great. Quality too at a fair price.

Blazin'05LT

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
wow, this forum rocks, thanks for the quick replys guys. so I should look into a belltech kit for awd SS. would that be a kit that has all 4 springs and struts and shocks? I was looking to get bilstien hd shocks and struts as replacements for my truck. I remember reading about ss absorbers are short than the ones on regular tb's.im wondering if the belltech lowering springs would work with the bilstiens.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Belltech lowering struts are what you want. But you'll need new upper control arms if lowering past 32 or 32.5 from ground to fender lip so you don't burn through those new tires you bought. They also correct the alignment of the balljoint. Remember Norcal ss.

Blazin'05LT

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I would but my daughter thought the camera was one of toys and broke it. gotta pick up a new one. very nice truck, my wheels are black but not nearly sitting as low as yours, which looks sick. what kind of suspension work you have done?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Blazin'05LT said:
I would but my daughter thought the camera was one of toys and broke it. gotta pick up a new one. very nice truck, my wheels are black but not nearly sitting as low as yours, which looks sick. what kind of suspension work you have done?
Hp shocks and struts
Ground force springs
Custom upper control arms
Polyurethane bushings almost every where
Moog upper and lower ball joints
Alignment with one year warranty

That's about it I believe, did it all myself. You can see more pics inn my profile.

shepherd92683

Dec 23, 2012
If you are running a 265/30r22 tire you may want to remember to max out the air pressure in the tires. That is a small ass tire for a TB. Your going from a factory tire that holds almost 2000lbs EACH to a tire that holds a little over 1600 each. That's almost like running on 3 tires...

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online