Whats your opinion on detailing products

IAFF78

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Having been a detailer in the past(i dont do it professionally anymore) I was always spoiled with the excellent products i was able to work with. The company i worked for used Malco products. All of their products were amazing, far better than anything you can buy in the stores. Since I left and changed careers, I havent been able to use their products. So I wondering what products people use and whats your opinions on them?

I tried to contact Malco but they seem like they are too good to reply to my email. I even tried contacting Auto magic to see about using their products, and no reply. Now, both companies sell a portion of their product line to the general public but its a very small list. There are many online companies out there that sell detailing supplies but from what Ive seen, its not their own line of products. I would like to find a company that sells to the general public and its their own product. It would also be nice to find a company that sells THEIR own brand, not other brands. Malco and Auto Magic are an example of sites Im looking for, except I'm looking for a company that sells their full line of products to the average joe.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. If anyone has any detailing questions, Im always willing to offer my advice.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I like Adam's Polishes

borretje

Jan 1, 2012
I use mothers,meguirs,and dodo juice

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I'm going to just make this simple and make a list. I'm not a veteran like some on here I have only been at it for 3 years. I was introduced through autotopia and that's where I learned just about everything and have devoloped my own technique from there and I am now addicted.

Wash- Either a light dawn/water mix to strip off wax or Megs gold simple stuff
Clay-Megs professional Agressive especially after a nice salty winter
Engine bay- I usually stick to Simple Green
Tires- Blackfire Gel
Wheels-M105 and a Orange lcc pad (clear coat rims)
Correction- M105/205 always favorite product ever
Wax- I have used wolfgang fusion samples in the past but mainly stick with Megs 21 synthetic sealent
Door jambs/wheel wells- More Simple Green lol

So yeah all those lol

Edit also you got to have a daytona speed brush for the wheels!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
all Meguire's products for me

Wax
Quik Mist Detailer

i do use Mothers for the clay bar and black magic for tire wet...

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Meguiars makes great products, both otc and pro grade. Chemical guys is a good online resource, poorboys world is another. Check out autopiafoums.com, its a detailing enthusiast forum with a lot of knowledgeable people and many product reviews. I have learned a lot by being a member there, so much so as to be starting my own detailing business.

Personally, I stick with Meguiars for paint correction, though I will be placing a sizeable order with either chemical guys or a company called PRO. Those guys have local distributors as well as an online store. Prowax.com is their site. I used their products as a detailer out of high school and they were fantastic.

Quality applicators is just as important. A good high speed polisher or dual action orbital, good pads, cleaning brushes, rags, etc..

CruzinQueen

Dec 30, 2011
I personally like 3M products mostly, but in a pinch I find Meguiar's professional grade materials to be comparable.

Polisher: Porter Cable 7424 (By far my best investment)
Compounds: 3M Perfect It series (06065 for medium cutting, 06060 for extra cutting)
Polish: 3M Finesse It II Machine Polish (39003)
Glaze: Usually Meguiars (Like #7 or #82)
Pads: Lake Country
Wax: Collinite Insulator Wax or Meguiars NXT
Quick Detailer: No preference
Wash: Optimum No-Rinse in the summer and touchless in the winter about once per week
Interior: Lexol for leather, Meguiars NXT for vinyl and plastics

Most of the stuff I use comes from autogeek.net

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
When it comes to cleaning tires even black walls. I use Wesley's Bleach white. Its great.

ChriSS K

Jan 3, 2012
Well I guess I'm surprised to not see Menzerna on anyones list? I'm very partial to their products. I use either Super Intensive, Power finish, Super finish to do my cutting depending on how much correction it needs. The make a powerlock that is killer for sealing the paint. It lasts for months... If I'm just doing a wax Optimum Poli-Seal is a good AIO product. For Clay I use clay magic everything else is whatever you can get at the local store.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.