What epoxy do you suggest for bumper bracket re-attachment?

willbill92

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Hey guys I noticed today that the drivers side bumper bracket that is supposed to be connected to the bumper has come off. I do not want to buy a new bumper cover to fix this issue so I was wondering if there were any kinds of glue/ epoxy that would work to reconnect the bracket to the bumper.

View attachment 33218

Attachments

• Front bumper bracket.jpg
    Front bumper bracket.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 21

willbill92

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
DJones said:
I've got the same problem. I'm going to use Bondo Bumper Epoxy.

I am going to give the gorilla glue plastic epoxy a try and see how that goes in the morning:undecided:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I had the same thing and when Josh (Boricua's brother) and I changed out my shocks, he used some sort of expoxy that he had at the panel shop he worked at. Sorry, I don't have a brand but you could make an enquiry at your local smash repairers.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
A lot of the body shops are using a 3M body panel epoxy that will bond the ABS plastics used on the bumper covers. It isn't that cheap but it is the best that I have seen out there.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
I have had good results with JB weld, in a variety of applications. My wife shattered the housing of the side mirror on my minivan, and I took the pieces and put it back together like a jigsaw puzzle with JB weld. Still holding ...

willbill92

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
linneje said:
I have had good results with JB weld, in a variety of applications. My wife shattered the housing of the side mirror on my minivan, and I took the pieces and put it back together like a jigsaw puzzle with JB weld. Still holding ...

Yeah I went to Homedepot this morning and bought some JB weld gonna see how that does.

willbill92

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
I put some JB Weld on the bumper bracket and so far it is doing its job will keep you guys updated on how it does.:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online