What do you get on a full tank of gas?

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
So I had a leak with the fuel tank that was replaced by Chevy for free....

Before the leak I would be getting around 4 days of drive time on half a tank....

After the fix 105 miles on half a tank
250 (120 miles of highway) miles on a full tank

I assume they replaced my tank and its a 22gal tank, is 11MPG (Average) really what the Trailblazer gets when its daily driving around the city?

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
My wife's a bit heavy footed...yet averages between 15-16 mpg around town. On the highway going 65-70 mph we run about 20 to 21 mpg. All flat ground running in Florida.
redbeard

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
So I had a leak with the fuel tank that was replaced by Chevy for free....

Before the leak I would be getting around 4 days of drive time on half a tank....

After the fix 105 miles on half a tank
250 (120 miles of highway) miles on a full tank

I assume they replaced my tank and its a 22gal tank, is 11MPG (Average) really what the Trailblazer gets when its daily driving around the city?
I get 13mpg average on mine

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I lately do 275 in town. 13.5 average.

Close to 400 all highway.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Lol at everyone's gas mileage. 180 average but 32s and my led foot really don't help. I fill at 1/4 tank though so there's that.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I don't believe the OP's tank is a 22gl. Being an 03 non Ext, it most likely had the 18.7gl tank like my 02.

That's being said, I get about 300 miles mixed, averaging about 16 or so. All highway it's done up to 22-23 mpg at 70-75 mph.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Over 300 miles, but there is another large thread on MPG already

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Is this just hype and has anybody here tried to use these products in this identical way and actually improved their Engine Performance and Gas Mileage? (Sorry about the music white noise and whistling nonsense...)

Last edited:

FearlessAZ

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I get about 330 miles before my fuel light comes on. I think most that I have gone is about 345 on a tank. Never ran it out of gas though.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Doing about 300 now which is around 14.2.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Is this just hype and has anybody here tried to use these products in this identical way and actually improved their Engine Performance and Gas Mileage? (Sorry about the music white noise and whistling nonsense...)

How much change would the Trailblazer came to get after this? 15 to 18? In other vehicles I could see maybe a 1mpg change but the TB has too many factors that would make this not work

diablo2184

Jan 25, 2015
My wife's a bit heavy footed...yet averages between 15-16 mpg around town. On the highway going 65-70 mph we run about 20 to 21 mpg. All flat ground running in Florida.
redbeard

Jeez, I am not getting anything near that in Florida. I can't diagnose the issue.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
If I were to fill up, I believe I get 325-340 mi to the tank. However, I have a LWB V8 with a 25gal tank - so my mpg looks to be similar to the I6 trucks (just further confirmation of what's already known)

Most of my miles are suburban loop.

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
Since winter started and Jack Frost decided to make Vermont pay for the no snow thing last year I have been averaging about 11mpg in town with all the 4wd use. During the summer I get as high as 15-16 in town and close to 20 on the highway. The problem is in Vermont nothing is flat, too many damn mountains and hills.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Filled up yesterday and the average was 14.8 mpg. Flat ground near tampa florida with the temps in the '70's.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Still 12-14 in town with 20-23 highway. And that's at like 75.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The Saab gets 13 MPG combined, 16 MPG highway. I'm experimenting using premium without ethanol (the only way you can get non ethanol gas here) and see if it makes a big enough difference for the extra expense.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Since winter started and Jack Frost decided to make Vermont pay for the no snow thing last year I have been averaging about 11mpg in town with all the 4wd use. During the summer I get as high as 15-16 in town and close to 20 on the highway. The problem is in Vermont nothing is flat, too many damn mountains and hills.
Same here in Maine... But I rarely use 4wd

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
Snow, mountains, hills....isn't that what makes Vermont attractive?

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
Nope, What makes Vermont attractive is the no permit required concealed carry. And the fact that you can carry concealed anywhere but a courtroom or school. I was born in the wrong state, I prefer 80s-90s.

Reactions: C-ya

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
The Saab gets 13 MPG combined, 16 MPG highway. I'm experimenting using premium without ethanol (the only way you can get non ethanol gas here) and see if it makes a big enough difference for the extra expense.

About two months ago I ran several tanks of non-ethanol gas through the trailblazer and my ram p.u. very slight difference on running compared to regular unleaded fuel. It ran about $.45 more per gallon and I don't feel that there is that much of a value compared to the extra $$ spent on a fill up. Mileage stayed the same, but ever so little better idling, yet not enough to pay the extra price. And the station is not one I pass on a regular basis to continue to use easily. It seems that the WaWa's here in Florida all carry the non-ethanol fuel, but me wonders how much they sell so that it is "fresh". Yet when I drive by there is regularity someone seems to fill up from that pump.

“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.” -
Gen. George S. Patton

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
My most recent most of a tank was probably 70-30. It did 18.19 mpg at something close to 300 miles. Still had about 9 gallons left in the tank when I filled up.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I also have a V8 with the 25 gallon tank. Average mpg is what the DIC uses to display DTE. In the summer, it is around 360 miles. In the winter, it is around 280. I'm down to around 11.5-12 with winter idling. Summer average is around 14. My overall average is 13.7 since I bought it 4.5 years ago. I drive it on the highway every now and then but mostly short trips under 10 miles. My best trip average was 19 on a trip to TN and back with the return trip pulling a Uhaul trailer.

I have kept a record of 99.99% of the fill-ups and all maintenance done on it with aCar (app for my phone). It's scary to look at how much I have spent on fuel: $7,733 over 4 years 5 months.

Torker

Jan 2, 2017
Udall,Ks
I tried the no alcohol once. I should have unhooked the batt and ran a few tanks. Did not seem to change any. It is 30 cents more. I figure I would have to gain 3 mpg to break even.

I check every tank . In the summer it will average 16. In the winter it runs better and I average 17.5. I covered my grill opening and finally changed the t-stat. but that was the last 60 mi. on that tank . I got 18.2 I am hoping with the stat it may even do better . My commute is 30 mi. one way - over half hiway.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online