1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do to your GMT today?

Discussion in 'SUV & Truck Chat' started by MAY03LT, Dec 18, 2011.

1. JPutnam

JPutnam Well-Known Member

Where did you get your tech 2 and how much did it cost? I was excited to see EFILive supported the Trailblazer, but that fell flat when I found out it was for the V8 engines.

2. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    EFILive will support the 4.2. There were a couple of members that were doing tunes with them.

3. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

We have a whole section devoted to the Tech 2, including my purchase and review.
    Tech 2

4. JPutnam

Sweet, thanks.

5. littleblazer

littleblazer Gold Supporter

20170710_151713.jpg

Mounce, Eric04 and Matt like this.
  6. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

I replaced the driver side blend door actuator on the Silverado this evening. No more hot air blasts hopefully.

I had to pull the HVAC fuse for it to reset and recalibrate with the new actuator. While doing that, I happened to notice this thing next to my fuse box. What does this red wire do? :laugh:

20170710_183848.jpg

Mounce, Eric04, Matt and 3 others like this.
  7. JPutnam

It's the aux power wire for your 7-way trailer connector. It connects to the aux terminal lug on the front of the fuse box. The diagram for the fuses lists it as fuse 32 if I remember right.

8. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    He was joking, the purple text was sarcasm, that was a common question for years. Maybe it still is... He found that in his Silverado.

Tiggerr and Sparky like this.
  9. JPutnam

Alright, you got me. Well played. Problem is that is a common question I hear a lot from coworkers and family.

Regardless, should have picked up when I saw the smiley.

Speaking of Silverado's, my in-laws 900 has the same wire in that location, but another one further down in the harness taped up below the brake booster. Looks like the same red/black wire. Has a lug on it also. Any ideas?

Sparky likes this.
  10. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Went to two pick-a-parts looking for a gauge cluster for my son's Silvy. That was a bust however scored myself these for the TB.
    :woohoo:

1499881282172.jpg

11. JPutnam

I was lucky, mine still had the cover when I bought it. I was told it is was like finding gold if you found one.

12. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

Not sure. I suggest making a tech thread.
    (I'll check mine to see if it is there also or not)

I haven't done much other than drive the truck the last couple of days (lots of rain), but have been enjoying the properly functioning blend door. AC is much more effective now. I have not had a chance to pull the front wheels off looking for that vibration source, but it also hasn't been shaking either. Go figure.

Some misc pieces for one of the projects for the truck did arrive via UPS for it today.

13. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

Used it to haul some lumber. 8' of 2x4's and plywood. Thought I had my bungee cord in the cubby hole to hold the gate down, but did not. Only option I could come up with was put the front seats all the way forward (that was a comfortable drive) the wood poked out the rear by a few inches. Thankfully my lift gate shocks are a bit tired, so it didn't bounce much when I hit speed humps. :crazy:

14. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Started parting out my '02 EXT :cry:

Having another TB and the Saab, keeping some parts as spares: the hubs, struts and rear shocks (Bilsteins), new front rotors for the Saab, thermal fan clutch, radiator, new starter, aux. tranny cooler, rear springs (for a mild lift), water pump (recent ACDelco), new gator belt...

Some parts heading to France (EXT caliper brackets, almost new pads, rear wiper motor). Had a couple people ask about the tailgate, which is in fair condition with a dent, no bad rust, but no takers. Was also asked about the tank, which was replaced under the recall in 2011 and also a newer ACDelco pump. I might keep them and keep advertising them. The tank I'm sure will sell.

15. JPutnam

Changed cabin air filter.

16. Eric04

Eric04 Silver Supporter

At 99,500 miles and had time so changed plugs, cleaned throttle body, new air filter. Everything went pretty well, until I fired it up. LOL Felt like a miss, after a few minutes the PCM agreed. After swapping coils it appears one of them didn't like being dislodged and is now on strike. I guess if it was on the edge it's better to crap out in the driveway. :2thumbsup:

$ Khalid ! 9130 likes this.
  17. Mounce

Mounce Silver Supporter

Had the fuel tank replaced under the extended recall and rolled over 136,000 miles.

Matt and northcreek like this.
  18. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

Replaced the rusty perimeter bolts on my rear wheels with new stainless bolts. I was running out of daylight (hence the washed out look in the pics caused by my phone trying to compensate), so I'll do the fronts later.

The wheel manufacturer should have used stainless to start with.

20170719_204206.jpg 20170719_204219.jpg

HARDTRAILZ likes this.