1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do to your GMT today?

Discussion in 'SUV & Truck Chat' started by MAY03LT, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Active Member

I installed the bracket and light bar I mentioned in the other thread yesterday. It looks a little crooked for now, but tomorrow I'm going to straighten it out and get it wired.
    IMG_20170508_185641.jpg IMG_20170508_185651.jpg IMG_20170508_185658.jpg IMG_20170508_185720.jpg

RTTBLT1, Redbeard, xavierny25 and 2 others like this.
  2. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    z71 1500 LT with max tow package, with the integrated trailer brakes and the all star package, uphill & downhill start assist and movable pedals. They only found 1 within 500 miles.

3. littleblazer

littleblazer Gold Supporter

After four days of kicking myself... control arm bushings are done.

Here is me suffering for reference. :2thumbsup:

4. xavierny25

xavierny25 Platinum Supporter

Not mine but last night helped my Irish neighbor start his chevy 4500 small dump truck which is a mirror image of the Isuzu npr. With my trusty field piece amp probe started at the batteries and worked my way to 2 busted fuses. One mega fuse 80 amps and a small 15amp fuse. After making an auto zone run and going over all the electrical wiring that may of caused these 2 to pop. I couldn't find anything wrong other than a few loose terminal screws. I replaced the 2 and the truck started up like a champ. So everything is right in the irish mans world once again. He hit me with a 100 bill that i honestly declined to take but he shoved it in my pocket and invited me and the wife over for some beers and food. I had to say no cause the wife had already started to whip up some grub and it was getting late.

5. SnowBlazer

SnowBlazer Silver Supporter

Automatic Air Freshener mod!!

Attached Files:

Tiggerr likes this.
  6. xavierny25

Put on some new front and rear brake pads. I also removed and replaced guide pin boots. Cleaned all the old caliper grease out and added some new grease. 20170512_110803.jpg
    I'll breaking the pads in shortly.
    EBC green stuff pads for the win.

Then I replaced the alternator since it was the original that came with the truck. I got a 8hr drive coming up in the next few weeks and thats the last thing i want to worry about. 20170512_115221.jpg

7. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Added some Dexcool as it was low and WW fluid.

rizzo20 likes this.
  8. tcurlee

tcurlee Member

Posted on a couple of other threads related to this but thought i'd post here since it is what I've done lately !
    replaced both front wheel hub/bearing assemblies. Only L. was bad but thought I'd get in front of the next one before it went. Went with Mooseman's recommendation and got Timkin brand on amazon for a really good price for 2. Funny,, of all the things I thought would give me problems, those damn little clips for the wires fought me tooth & nail !! Had to get jiggy with them. 3 more bolts and an axle nut more than a brake job is what that amounts to.
    Next day (yesterday ) narrowed down a whine type of noise in the front of the engine to a pulley under the alternator ( idler ? ). Trip to Advance Auto and a quick easy fix. Got 179,000 miles out of both so can't complain. NEXT !! ??

rizzo20 and Mooseman like this.
  9. tcurlee

tcurlee Member

Hi, just wondering how involved this alternator swap was ? I would imagine I'm looking at doing this in the not too distant future seeing I'm 179,000+ mi. tryin' to keep the ole' girl running ! ;-)

10. xavierny25

It's not to bad at all then again I've had to get it out of the way twice to replace the thermostat. Lol. Only big issue with this is getting at the bottom alternator bolt. There's a few write ups on the site about how to and I'm sure there's a video out there some where in the interwebs or youtube.

RTTBLT1 and Mooseman like this.
  11. $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130 Well-Known Member

Went out today and got the underbody greased, feels really smooth now, also did the doors and no more creaky doors

@Capote Got it lubed !!! :crackup:

Pics should be up in a while, although they are probably insignificant :2thumbsup:

RTTBLT1 and Mooseman like this.
  12. tcurlee

tcurlee Member

Thanks for the response, hopefully I won't have to concern myself with this too soon.

13. xavierny25

All day yesterday..... clay bar, spot work on minor scratch with 3M's trizact 5000 system(btw worked beautifully I recommend it). Full compound with my 4" d.a. polish with my 7" d.a and lastly wax. 20170520_082710.jpg 20170520_082741.jpg
    I took these pic's this morning after a night of pollen and water from the skies got all over it. :badday:

14. Capote

Capote Gold Supporter

Hell man I wish my black paint was even 1/4 good as yours, mine is so effing embarrassing being a car guy & enthusiast. It's beyond paint correction unfortunately for me. An amazing detailer I met couldn't even work his magic really, he was sweating his ass off in an A/C climate controlled garage trying too. Lord knows I want a new Satin Black paint job more than anything. Sooo easy to take care of vs. gloss paint.

Installed my LED Headlights, man they look the perfect shade White! The cooling fans are soooooo quite, didn't even hear them running. Pure white as advertised, not like a luck of the draw when it comes to HID's. I can't wait to see how they look tonight! Pumped!

15. tsmith1156

tsmith1156 Well-Known Member

With the help of @HARDTRAILZ got it up in the air today! Couple little things still gotta be done but good for now! Thanks for the help Kyle!

Attached Files:

HARDTRAILZ, rizzo20, Sparky and 7 others like this.
  16. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

Over the last week, I noticed my lift gate handle has gotten loose on the right side...

[​IMG]

So today finally committed to pulling the inside panel and taking a peek. As expected the pin had worked itself a bit loose...

[​IMG]

So I pulled the LP pocket out and worked the pin back into place.

[​IMG]

Some of the foam insulation at the bottom had worked itself loose too, so I cleaned up the dirt, and applied a small bead of glue before securing the LP pocket back on the truck. Much mo betta! :thumbsup:

rizzo20, Matt, xavierny25 and 2 others like this.
  17. $ Khalid ! 9130

Went out hunting for things for the TB. Found a shop that would do the retrofit for me, said no thanks!! Went looking for some throttle body cleaner. Really surprised I couldn't find it anywhere!! Looked for some fuse taps, same!! Got in contact with the projectors guy, turns out he's a nice 30 minute drive from my house....... Hopefully will be going to check them out this week. Cleaned the interior again, gets dirty real quick over here

rizzo20 and Mooseman like this.
  18. rizzo20

rizzo20 Gold Supporter

Finally got some garage time, installed my DJM modified upper control arms from Norcal and installed my LED hi beams. I've had both of them for a month or so but just waiting for the time to do it. I have another alignment scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully we can get it in spec this time. 20170521_133159 (2).jpg 20170521_154307.jpg 20170521_170411.jpg

19. xavierny25

Nice job @rizzo20 :2thumbsup:. I have the same djm uca's I'm just wanting to get a 2nd set of shock knuckles so I can have them all power coated before I install it all. I already have a set of calipers and brackets aswell as two complete lower control arms to get done in a blue metallic.
    Lucky for me my brother owns the powder coat shop I us. :biggrin:

20. $ Khalid ! 9130

Quite a bit, got some better quality stickers ordered for the TB, did the brake lights, all of them work now. Had to replace one, the other one just worked after I nudged what seemed to be the brake switch! Dad left his car home today, so I detailed the interior and removed some of the many dings and scratches on his doors

WP_20170522_11_19_33_Procompressed.jpg

And SUCCESS!!!!

Mooseman and Tiggerr like this.
  21. Tiggerr

Tiggerr Gold Supporter

Pulled the 1 shim out of AC clutch that there was....
    Now I need a hot day to see if it's a success or if I need to go source a clutch...

rizzo20, Redbeard and $ Khalid ! 9130 like this.
  22. $ Khalid ! 9130

Nothing ground breaking, got tired of the yellowish faded looking Chevy logo on the steering wheel. With a little help from my brother got three variations done

Version : 1 :

PhotoChooser-3e40173f-ffea-434b-bb04-2c859f4b6dc2compressed.jpg

Version : 2 :

WP_20170523_11_35_14_Procompressed.jpg

Version : 3 :

WP_20170523_11_50_09_Procompressed.jpg

And it's currently rocking version 3 at the moment. Tried to do the gear shifter as well. Was next to impossible with the shifter still connected in the car. Any ideas and comments are welcome :2thumbsup:

23. Capote

Capote Gold Supporter

There's a very small hex head set-screw holding the shift knob in place, I don't recall the size. Be careful not to lose it.
    [​IMG]

24. $ Khalid ! 9130

Is that when you're removing the shifter from the console or taking the shifter apart. Cause from what I know, there's a torx screw to remove the shifter from the console

25. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

It's actually a Torx.

I took it for a wash and then transferred the grill from the old '02 to the '07. Much better.
    DSC_0495.JPG DSC_0496.JPG

Getting some ideas for fogs, either stock ones from the '02 or the round ones from the Saab. I'm just flush with spare parts so...

26. $ Khalid ! 9130

Got a new GMTNation sticker made!!! This time its been done right! Waterproof, dustproof you name it. The shop owner told me it's an epoxy sticker, kinda like the dealership badge on my TB and that's been there for 8-9 years and still looks good as new

WP_20170524_10_18_08_Procompressed.jpg

Noice!

PhotoChooser-fb10f629-d4ed-4baa-9254-8020edd80754compressed.jpg

Scrape....

PhotoChooser-8489db35-1dea-46a8-84b2-ea2d0a0d81a8compressed.jpg

Scrape, Scrape......

PhotoChooser-2bc2b74a-0bf8-4dee-8496-fb1be2b18d5ccompressed.jpg

Almost done........

PhotoChooser-4d99e087-4414-4d6b-a0d1-4ec7077e97a2compressed.jpg

Done. Looks so clean :biggrin:

WP_20170524_10_56_08_Procompressed.jpg

New sticker on

WP_20170524_10_56_12_Procompressed.jpg

Another shot, you can see the dealership sticker above the Trailblazer emblem, the new sticker is of the same material

Time to update my build thread :2thumbsup:

Mooseman, Blckshdw and rizzo20 like this.
  27. smt 59

smt 59 Well-Known Member

Replaced my 5 year old Interstate battery with a new Canadian Tire Eliminator Ultra AGM today. As well replaced a burnt out fog light.
    The old battery was acting up a little with some weak starts after sitting over the weekend.