What color are the brand new stock exterior panels on Indigo Blue Metallic TrailBl's?

TByuri

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
My outside trim panels on my indigo blue metallic trailblazer are heavily faded and i do not know what the real color they are supposed to be. I want to use this duplicolor bumper coating product as i want a more permanent stronger solution than what i have been using which is products like Back To Black and stuff.

Question is what is the original stock color of the exterior plastic panels? I have 4 choices that are shown here at the bottom. I have the black can but i do not want to use that until i know which one i was supposed to use so i can buy that one instead. Can anybody help me in answering what is the color im supposed to go with?

Dupli-Color :: Flexible Bumper Coating

Flexible Bumper Coating

FB105 - Black
FB106 - Gray
FB108 - Medium Silver
FB109 - Dark Charcoal

tb.jpg

ramrod919

Sep 4, 2012
Why not make them whatever color you want? I am going to use the same paint and make all of the grey trim black. On my '01 Suburban, the whole truck was black except for the lower valance attached to the front bumper. One day, I pulled it and painted it with the Krylon for Plastic, had it laying around. It worked out very well.

I have also seen that a heat gun will return the trim pieces to original, or close to, condition.

TByuri

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
I did see that heat gun trick as well but im worried of how long it will last like with car washes and such.

I do have the black can of duplicolor already but i just dont want it to look bad. That is why i rather do it the original color which im not sure of.

If anyone thinks black would look right on the panels along with the blue indigo metallic on the body let me know, or what is the original panel color?

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
View attachment 22784 this is a photo of mine from :smile:the summer of 2005 you might have to squint past the bugs embedded on the front..

Attachments

• tb photo.jpg
    tb photo.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9

TByuri

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Thanks but still kind of tough to tell. Do you think its black or out of the other colors I showed which one matches better?

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
I would think dark charcoal, but can't tell from the paint site what the paint would actually look like.

in the end, you really can do what you want. Black would look good at first, but I think would show dirt and bugs more.(you can tell how often I wash mine, right?)

also, I am the guy who painted the hood of his blue '88 Astro with black rustoleum and a brush. (hey, I was driving and could not see the hood. kept it from rusting after the original paint peeled off.)

post a photo when you are done.

have fun.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaassybrand

Members Online